Hi. Remember me? Or, I wrote my first song in many years, Micwalt content...

tamoore

G33K
Hello old friends,

I used to hang around Harmony Central years ago, and made a short-lived move here to Mark's place when HC was in the throws of death.

Around the same time, my interest in making music began to wain and started being taken over by other endeavors. Up to that point, I had recorded about two and a half albums worth of music I had written all in the span of about a year. After that output I found myself running out of things to say.

As it turns out, you can have the skills to write a song, but if you can't find the inspiration to write it matters little.

-------
TL/DR version - I fell in love - skip to the end to hear Micwalt's awesome rendition of the song I wrote about it.
-------

About two and a half years ago I walked into a restaurant and met the most stunningly beautiful woman I had ever seen. She was the lunch server, and I subsequently made the place a stop for lunch two days a week for the next two years. I eventually fell secretly and madly in love with her and figured since we both were married, it would be a secret I'd take to my grave.

About a year after we met, some friends and I from work decided that we would watch the opening day Detroit Tigers baseball game at this place. We left work early, had some beers and lunch and watched the game. After it was over, my friends left and It was just the server and I. Her shift was over, so she clocked out, grabbed a beer, and joined me at the table. I was really happy about that. We shared some small talk, laughed a bit and then kind of sat quietly starring in each others eyes.. After an awkward silence, she abruptly sprang up, grabbed her things, and ran for the door.

We never really mentioned that day again, and I continued to make this place my weekly lunch hangout. One more year passed, and I got a message from her. She had lost her job, and would no longer be seeing me at the restaurant. We kept in contact via social media, and would plan lunches and things to do to see each other. Over many nights of conversation, we eventually were able to admit to each other that we were deeply in love - but that this love would never be realized due to the situations we find ourselves in.

We're still finding our way through it. We both know it's the kind of love you only find once in a lifetime, but that it may never be fully realized. It's a heartache the likes of which I have never known, but I wouldn't trade having met her for anything.

I sat down and wrote this song in a few minutes. I finally had something to say, and it easily flowed.

The problem was, I no longer had a way to record it as my studio had been retired years earlier. I wanted badly to be able to listen to and share this song, so I asked Mike (micwalt) if he would do me the honor of recording it for me. He said yes. It is a very special thing to have someone record a song you've written. But, when that someone is a performer and musician that you respect as highly as I respect Mike, it's just flat out amazing. Thank you, Mike. You've given a couple of people a very special gift. I owe you.

And with that, I give you micwalt's rendition of "Destined To Be". It's my new favorite song. :wink:

http://bigbangbar.org/uploadedFiles/tamoore_Destined to Be mix1.mp3

Holy crap! That's quite a story. I was going to ask what the deal was, but I didn't want to pry.
I was delighted to record the song. I've been wanting to do more recording, but I have a hell of a time writing lyrics. Therefore, most of my songs peter out before they're fully realized. This has inspired me to finish some things I have in the works.

Hey dude!! Glad you checked in - and very glad you are writing again. You have gift in that. Don't be such a stranger. There are a lot of good people here.

I'll listen to the song in a bit, in fact I'm looking forward to it.

Hey Todd - glad to hear from you, great job all around on the writing, performance and recording.

Hope everything works out for the best IRL.

Yeah, that story pretty much had to become a country song. Good job! I hope it all works out in the end for both of you.

I remember you @tamoore.

Mojo for the situation. I was hopelessly in love with a girl once (probably still am truth be told). I only found out she felt the same about me as she walked out of my life with her long term boyfriend.

Great song and great performance by @micwalt.

You stole my descending bass line in the chorus!
:wink:
J/K Sounds good, man!

Back