Hey guys, can you pitch me some story ideas for Star Trek: The Next Generation please

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
I'll go first. I came up with this while sitting at my desk right now and looking at a calculator. Please write at least 120 words and let's come up with some great Star Trek: The Next Generation story ideas!

Star Trek: I Can Add

While on a mission with an away team, Data falls down a crevasse. When the crew rescues him, they discover that he has lost the ability to add. Riker and Troi spend countless hours rehabilitating Data, until Riker grows frustrated and gives up in a rage, declaring the situation hopeless. Troi, however, refuses to give up on Data, and with the help of a centuries-old artifact (seen below), she is able to reteach Data how to perform simple addition. The final scene involves Data adding two numbers together for a disbelieving Riker, who admits that he has learned not to give up on his friends.

TI-81.png

So let's hear a story idea!

Here's another one I just now had.

Star Trek: Fisherman's Worf

The crew of the Enterprise find a time anomaly in space that transports them to Earth circa 1996. The crew discovers that it will take LaForge several months to repurpose the ship's hyperdrive to get them back to their proper year, so they all decide to spend the time living and working in the late 20th century, in order to gain a better understanding of mankind's history towards the end of the first Space Age. Worf gets himself a job as a fry cook at Long John Silver's, and the bulk of the episode focuses on LaForge's struggles with repurposing the hyperdrive and Worf's troubles dealing with his anger as he works his way up to manager at the fast food seafood restaurant.

Fisherman's Worf :facepalm: :grin:

That one hits a little too close to home, since I spent a few miserable years working my way up to manager of LJ's.

I saw this dirty cartoon once where Counselor Troi and young Wesley got captured by Klingons.

Counselor Troi's cameltoe was out of control.

After the Klingons had done to young Wesley what you think they probably did to young Wesley,

Well, Counselor Troi got naked and blew all the Klingons. Wesley's mom, Dr Beverly Krusher got in on the act.....

Then.....well......I stopped reading at that point. I had no idea Klingons came at least a gallon apiece, and the thought of Counselor Troi and Dr Krusher getting covered in all that spunk by the six Klingon guards, well....not for the faint of heart, trust me.

Counselor Troi took it like a champ, though.

I saw this dirty cartoon once where Counselor Troi and young Wesley got captured by Klingons.

After the Klingons had done to young Wesley what you think they probably did to young Wesley,

Well, Counselor Troi got naked and blew all the Klingons. Wesley's mom, Dr Beverly Krusher got in on the act.....

Then.....well......I stopped reading at that point. I had no idea Klingons came at least a gallon apiece, and the thought of Counselor Troi and Dr Krusher getting covered in all that spunk by the six Klingon guards, well....not for the faint of heart, trust me.

Link?

How about something where they explore what happens when Pon Farr coincides with the Starfleet Academy's spring break for young Spock. VULCANS GONE WILD!

That one must've been one of the ones written after Gene Roddenberry died. It doesn't quite read like something of his.

Star Trek: A New Hope

The crew of the Enterprise encounters a moon-sized enemy space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Commander Riker attacks it with a shuttle by flying down a trench. At the last minute, he shuts off the targeting computer for the photon torpedo launcher and instead relies on a mysterious force to determine when to launch the torpedoes. He scores a direct hit on a small thermal exhaust port which causes a chain reaction and blows up the space station.

Star Trek: Resolutions

The Enterprise enters into orbit around Paradex Prime to attend a diplomatic summit on alpha quadrant trade routes. All is not as it seems, as the Cardassian delegation is planning to assassinate the diplomat from Beta Galani and frame the Federation to ultimately push the federation's observation posts away from Cardassian space. A side plot involves Wesley Crusher, Troi's mother, Alexander Worf, and special guest star Nelix beaming down to the planet for some welcome R&R where they all die in a horrible grease fire. The closing scene shows Picard canceling the memorial service while sipping his Earl Grey tea looking out the window of his ready room. He stares into the inky blackness of space and says "I hated all of them". The camera pans to Whoopi Goldberg who was in the room the whole time who says "I feel nothing. Nothing".

Director's notes: The assassination plot should be introduced and resolved in the first 10 minutes, so as to leave approximately 40 minutes of screen time of close ups of the grease fire deaths.

Last edited:
Star Trek: A Drop in Time
The crew of the Enterprise finds itself on the brink of war when it encounters a race of powerful aliens who communicate solely through snot bubbles. Riker saves the day when he catches a cold from the homeless man who lives behind the storage pod on deck 9.

I'd always thought that it'd be interesting if Data found out the he was actually aging, albeit very slowly. He always wanted to be human, for some reason, & his inventor got spectacularly close. It would be interesting to see how he'd act when he found out, given Datas ability to be unintentionally funny.

The Enterprise is infected with a virus from the late 20th and 21st century known as the internet. It turns everybody into a dick. Riker becomes an expert on some shit nobody cares about and won't shut the fuck up about it. Picard can't live knowing that someone holds opinions contrary to his, freaks the fuck out, and leaves the ship in a shuttle craft, only to return a few days later pretending that nothing happened. Worf, who has previously kept his racist views on the Romulans to himself, goes off one day and is sent to the brig to cool off. Data turns into a know it all. The ship veers off course into the path of a super ultra mega black hole as the remaining crew members are all fucking in the holodeck. Dendy Jarrett guess stars as a conveyor belt.

Picard experiences a quarter-life crisis. He grows a skullet and cuts the arms off his uniform to show off his guns. The command chairs are replaced with a gazebo. Meanwhile, the ship veers off course into the path of a dangerous planet-eating anomaly as the majority of the crew is fucking in the holodeck. Worf becomes surly and irritable when he wakes up. Picard is challenged by Riker's youthful vigor and takes up the axigxdfifdgidgdifiweaphone. The rivalry turns serious when Picard makes potentially dangerous modifications to the Enterprise engines to "enhance performance." Troi turns into a fish. Old Dirty Bastard guest stars.

Back