Hey Baimun!

And wheel spacers. Really? Get some wider and more back spaced wheels. If you're going to do it, do it right.

And wheel spacers. Really? Get some wider and more back spaced wheels. If you're going to do it, do it right.
Or just choose not to let your redneck-a-tude destroy a classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but if you're going to destroy a classic, don't use wheel spacers.
More than that, don't alter the classic lines with terribly flared fenders...

The wheel spacers have been an issue from the start...it took the owner months, literally months, to decide on rims...that the car has been occupying one of our 7 lifts for almost a year did nothing to accelerate the decision...we recieved the spacers, all TEN of them, over a month before the rims...and not one of them worked...today my man Mike and I, with the owner present, got underneath with a ruler and digital caliper and determined that a spacer depth of 3 3/8" is required...so now we have to wait god knows how long for the owner to have them custom milled...

So far mike has:
Installed a 351W engine
Installed a T5 trans
Cut the tunnel for a shifter
Installed new pedals
Modified the vehicle for a clutch cable setup
Installed new headers that won't interfere with the clutch cable
Installed a 9" steel rear end housing
Installed a 3:73 gear pack
Installed a custom drive shaft
Installed a 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit
Installed a power brake booster and master cylinder
Installed a new emergency brake kit
Installed rear springs and shocks
Installed front coils and shocks

All while turning out between 70 and 80 hours of production every week...

Mike is 28 years old, and has now adopted a new rule; never work on a car that was built before he was born...

Some of those mods I can get behind. Disc brakes and upgraded brake booster are definitely good ideas.

T5 is damned solid.

I'd rather have a cammed 302 than a 351 w though.

Some of those mods I can get behind. Disc brakes and upgraded brake booster are definitely good ideas.

T5 is damned solid.

I have no problem with any of them beyond the rims and spacers...I would have gone with a Tremec T56 over the T5...but I much prefer the longer stroke and longer intake runners of the 351W to the 302...

T5 is damned solid.

I learned how to drive stick on an '80 Mustang Ghia notch back that had a 351W with 425hp at the rear wheels. None of my 302s ever felt like that.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

In fairness, we didn't see the condition of the fenders before the god awful flares. My guess is it was a rustang and he didn't 'ruin' anything. Though one could argue, restoration to factory specs is just as easy as restoration to redneck. I'm hoping it gets visible traction bars.

88303724ac8f0decb32496d332db1323.jpg

In fairness, we didn't see the condition of the fenders before the god awful flares. My guess is it was a rustang and he didn't 'ruin' anything. Though one could argue, restoration to factory specs is just as easy as restoration to redneck. I'm hoping it gets visible traction bars.
OK, one at a time...

No rust, those are the flares he wanted...

NYC Puero Rican, not a redneck...

Negative on the traction bars...

Back