Here's your new favorite bourbon blog

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
http://www.bourbon.blagspot.com/

tucked here & there through the usual reviews of some of the usual suspects are gems like these:

Woodford Reserve: Dockers Masterpiece – This 2015 limited edition Distiller’s Masterpiece features Woodford’s Signature Double Distilled Triple Oaked juice infused with tropical hot dog water; finished and wrung from used pairs of Chris Morris’ Dockers pleated pants (aka “The Honey Spot”). “The best bourbon we’ve ever tried!” cuts and pastes The Bourbon Review. $300 for a 375ml.

If I understood the tour guide correctly, Old Tub used to be the name of Jim Beam’s horse until it was fatally killed by Megatron in the great battle for Southern Emancipation back in the 1960s.

There’s a backstory to the name. Something about a horse that was aged ten years and then was shot and sent to Arby’s

the last time I bought a Buffalo Trace experiment, I got burned. Scorned. It was like eating something out of Walter Matthau’s unwashed boxer shorts.

sometimes I think this one gets overlooked in the crowd because there’s no limited edition that was shipped to outer space and aged by gay astronaut pirates and finished in a spanish brandy barrel under the ocean for four months before being swished around the mouth of a Japanese billionaire. Or maybe there is and I just don’t know about it

Town Branch – The Pappy Van Winkle of indifference. No other bourbon says “Dad, you exist. Have a drink of nothingness to complement what you’ve been feeling inside since mom came out of the bathroom with the positive pregnancy tests.” quite like this one. Cheers!

Back