Here's what I learned from my Muff adventure

Which heavy fuzz?

• The Ibanez 850

• The Behringer SF300

• Donate your bodies to science, you fools!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had an FZ-2 for a few years and it sounded rad...dicking around without any other instruments. I could never get it to play nice in a mix. It’s a great sound, but it’s difficult to get it to behave in context. That Ibanez sounds nice.

I had an FZ-2 for a few years and it sounded rad...dicking around without any other instruments. I could never get it to play nice in a mix. It’s a great sound, but it’s difficult to get it to behave in context. That Ibanez sounds nice.

I would expect the middle setting to be non-existent in a band. I was hopeful for the first setting. Buying a boost is fine, but I already have a GE-7.

So it looks like we're off on another adventure. Except I didn't buy the Ibanez. I bought a Maxon D&S.

hgmcbz0ork3qknfxlszo.jpg

It's funny how this one is in the middle of both Ibanez OD850 reissues. Ibanez has a mini and a full size reissue. The mini has a standard BOSS DC jack, and obviously no room for a battery. The full size version uses the same DC adaptor old DOD and ProCo pedals used, so you need an adaptor. The Maxon has the BOSS DC jack and room for a battery. They all have exactly the same circuit board, so it's just one of those things that's funny to me.

Dang

Good score

I think I could have gotten it for less, honestly. But I'm happy with the price. So I guess there's that. Regardless, I think this will be my last foray into muff-land. I'll just put it back on Reverb if it doesn't work out.

I think I could have gotten it for less, honestly. But I'm happy with the price. So I guess there's that. Regardless, I think this will be my last foray into muff-land. I'll just put it back on Reverb if it doesn't work out.

Baphomet compells you

It’s not a muff based pedal so you’re all good to stay on the left hand path :wink:

Based on your description, I would be looking for a clone of a Tone Bender MK2. They work well with buckers, sit in a band mix much better than a muff or fuzz face, and still get raucous without going over the top.

Based on your description, I would be looking for a clone of a Tone Bender MK2. They work well with buckers, sit in a band mix much better than a muff or fuzz face, and still get raucous without going over the top.

Had one. It was cool, but cut too much bass. I like the Red Llama and RAT better.

Back