Dig it! Here is what my McFeely guitars sound like through the Bias amp modeler.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
This is a sample jam for one of the backing tracks that I've recorded for my upcoming TrueFire.com workshop...its a first take and I might just redo it so its not so notey for the students to transcribe but it turned out ok so I thought I'd share. My McFeely 454 was the rhythm guitar, the McFeely 440 was what I played for the solo and a MIM PJ bass for the low end. All guitars recorded direct into Positive Grid's Bias amp modeler (tweed deluxe model for the guitars and their Ampeg model for the bass) and drums were from Addictive Drums :)

Finished backing track:

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 2.53.37 PM.png

Last edited:
How do you find the latency with that? I find that with some amp modlers and effects, they can cause some latency. Are you experiencing any of that?

Very nice. :)

How's it "feel" playing through BIAS?
Actually it feels quite natural. I really can't stand playing through most modelers but this just feels like playing through an amp that I'm hearing through studio monitors. If they made an amp I'd be interested.

Sounds nice. If I ever get all my client projects wrapped up I’ll take some time to try Bias.

Man, that sounded great. I wouldn't have guessed that this wan't an amp that was recorded, if you hadn't given away the secret.

Man, that sounded great. I wouldn't have guessed that this wan't an amp that was recorded, if you hadn't given away the secret.
I'm pretty happy with the sounds I can get out of it. Not sure I'd make a record this way but it's awesome for demos and projects like this. I might post the backing track tomorrow for you guys to hear the rhythm, parts...maybe we can have a BT jam with it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back