Hennessey Venom F5: 300mph street legal car?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
:eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/11/01/1-6-million-hennessey-venom-f5-designed-to-go-300-mph.html

Hennessey-Venom-F5-SEMA-1.jpg

Too bad it will never see that speed, as there isn't a track with a long enough straight to make that speed, and not any roads anywhere that you can approach that speed.

That being said Henessey did a one off run in a modified corvette down the toll road between San Antonio and Austin, maybe they'll get to do that again with this car. That is one road long enough and straight enough where you could hit that speed.

Too bad it will never see that speed, as there isn't a track with a long enough straight to make that speed, and not any roads anywhere that you can approach that speed.

That being said Henessey did a one off run in a modified corvette down the toll road between San Antonio and Austin, maybe they'll get to do that again with this car. That is one road long enough and straight enough where you could hit that speed.

bonneville salt flats has had cars break the sound barrier on it. just sayin'.

but my question is why? wtf do you do with a 300 mph car?

There are straight roads with little traffic in Nevada and the southwest where you could get this up to 300mph. The downside is that it will take an hour for an ambulance to arrive when the driver gets twitches and the car goes flying.

I expect to read about an Arab prince trashing one of these.

BTW are there 300 mph street tires on the market? I know as earlier this year, ~280 was the certified limit of street rubber

Back