Help! Save me!

Why are @GilmourD and @Elias Graves wanting to buy more guitars?

Because they fucken need one more!!!!

Everyone was asking me why I wanted this since I roll my own. The answer is simply that I don't have skills or tools to make a semihollow archtop and I want one.
I really hope it's as nice as the one I played at GC the other day. I hate buying without playing it first but I can take it back if it's a dog.

thats awesome...I like the red and p90s are hard to beat.
the best part is there is no mr magoo sig or robot metres.
p90s like tele pickups sound good even if cheaply made

not a fan of f holes, they'll probably need to be stuffed unless you want feedback constantly

Last edited:
Have Mystix buy it and then buy it off him. Should give you a few days more to think it over :lol:

Uhh.. . . useless0

image.jpg

Nothing glaringly out of whack. More when I get home.

First impressions are pretty good. It's gonna need some adjustments but nothing major. The strings must be installed in Nashville. I can't see how they'd come across the ocean and be this bright and corrosion-free.
I see a couple of minor finish blems, the worst of which is inside the f hole.

image.jpg

I can live with it.
It's very light...probably 7 1/2 pounds.
The pickups are very good. Not a typical modern P90. Definitely a lower wind, mellower take on the design.

image.jpg

This guitar impresses. It's very light.
The neck pickup on a clean amp has that grand piano tone. It's really nice.
If I had to guess, I'd say the pickups are like 5% underwound. Wax potted.
The pole piece screws and mounting screws are kinda soft. Those will need replaced after a few adjustments.
Not much bad to say about it. The level of fit & finish is certainly not to the level of the top makers. For example, as you look at the top from changing angles, you see the glare line ripple as it passes over high and low spots. Not major but they are there. The fret ends are level and smooth but not polished. There is some residue of what looks like buffing compound in the rosewood grain. A small nick in the neck binding.
Very minor stuff but those are the corners that get cut at this price point.
My Alley Kat from a few years ago was this same price and there's no comparison between the two. This is head and shoulders above the Kat in every regard.
Gone is the plastic box toggle switch. Replaced with what appears to be a Panasonic all metal normal toggle switch. Full size pots. Metal output jack (though the jack plate is still plastic.) The tuners are of Ping/Wilkinson quality. Labeled "Epiphone" and "Deluxe."

I'm thinking cream pickup covers and pickguard...
image.jpg

Back