Help Mojo Hand FX go to NAMM

I like their products, but I'm done supporting them now that they have gone this route. I wish them luck, but they have seen my last dollar.

I'm not much of a fan of kickstarter, but at least the supporters of this initiative are getting something for their dollars. It's not just an ambiguous fundraiser.

Man, if something sells this week on Reverb I'm in for an Odessa. BUY MY SHIT, people!

I'm not much of a fan of kickstarter, but at least the supporters of this initiative are getting something for their dollars. It's not just an ambiguous fundraiser.
I would be more receptive if they just called it a "special pre-order period" and did what they please with the money. Otherwise I read it as "please fund our business and we will send you this free toaster."

I would be more receptive if they just called it a "special pre-order period" and did what they please with the money. Otherwise I read it as "please fund our business and we will send you this free toaster."

I think there's a way to use kickstarter and not pull one over on people. If it was some random POS, I would agree. But at least it's a product that his company is making and will be a first run/special edition. I'm probably not buying anyway, but that's my perspective on it.

I think there's a way to use kickstarter and not pull one over on people. If it was some random POS, I would agree. But at least it's a product that his company is making and will be a first run/special edition. I'm probably not buying anyway, but that's my perspective on it.
I agree they are doing this the right way if there is such a thing. I am probably being too harsh in this particular case.

An author friend of mine, who is currently writing his next book will living well in Nicaragua, floated the idea of a kickstarter to fund a new laptop. I answered his request buy inquiring if I would be receiving a percentage of his book sales after investing in one of the most important tools he uses to make a living. I was one of about 100 similar responses, and he removed the inquiry and scarped the idea in short order.

I think it's pretty cool. At least they're offering something of value in exchange. And it piqued my interest in that overdrive pedal, too.

I have mixed feelings on the whole thing. I recently contributed to the campaign to help fund a new Tom Paxton CD, but really wonder why so much was needed. Oh well, the man is in his 70's and I will get a signed copy when it is released.

So my Bluebonnet special overdrive arrived today. I really like the Mojo Hand pedals I have and this one is no exception. I didn't know what to expect because there was really no info on the pedal seeing as it was made only for this campaign, but a Mojo hand FX pedal for $99 sounded like a pretty good deal to me. It turns out that this is probably the best overdrive pedal for me. It has a little more OD than I would really ever need, but it is a natural sounding overdrive. It has a lot more dirt than the Klone, but doesn't get into high gain. It sounds like a really good cranked tube amp. It falls between my Klone and the Mad Professor One in terms of gain.

IMG_2264.JPG

Back