Help me power my pedalboard...

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
OK, so currently I've got a power strip zip-tied to the top of my pedalboard. All the wall warts get plugged into that. I use a OneSpot for most of the pedals which is no big deal but I also power an MXR 10 band EQ, a Zoom GX3, and a Banshee talk box all of which have their own wall warts.

The last two worry me...

I'd like to get something like a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power brick to put under the pedalboard to get it out of the way. I think this would handle everything but the Banshee (which I could still use the wall wart and plug it into the outlet on the Pedal Power brick).

The Zoom GX3 required 500 mA... seems like most of the pedal power bricks don't handle that. :(

Any suggestions? Right now the full list of pedals is... Banshee, Digitech Hardwire polyphonic tuner, cry baby, MXR Phase 90, MXR 5150 overdrive, Zoom GX3 and TC Electronic spark booster.

I'd just like to get that power strip with 4 wall warts cleaned up. Thanks folks!

What I'd do is add up the total mA draw and look at something that can accommodate. Also I'd recommend something with isolated power to each pedal.
You may still need to power the Zoom separately.

2 Voodoo Labs Pedal Power IIs. One voltage doubler for the EQ. One current doubler for the Zoom. Those two pedals would use four of the eight outlets on one PP II. Is everything else 9 volt unde 100 ma? If sticker shock for two is bad, OnePP II,a voltage doubler and your One spot.

2 Voodoo Labs Pedal Power IIs. One voltage doubler for the EQ. One current doubler for the Zoom. Those two pedals would use four of the eight outlets on one PP II. Is everything else 9 volt unde 100 ma? If sticker shock for two is bad, OnePP II,a voltage doubler and your One spot.

That's a great idea... a single PPII would handle everything except one of the 9 volt pedals. I could plug the Banshee into the auxiliary outlet... maybe use a battery for the Phase 90 or the spark booster... Thanks Bob411!

Edit: Since the Phase 90 and the wah both draw low amounts of current (Phase 90 is 5 mA) couldn't I power both of those with one of the 9v 100mA outputs.... kinda like a virtual lower current One Spot? Edit 2: Voodoo Labs actually sells a splitter to do this... :thu:

Last edited:
Yeah...I like the voodoo lab stuff. You just have to look through their various products to see what fits your needs the best. I use a Cioks Adam for my little board though.

Back