Hell yeah, new cab I suppose.

Dexter Inferno

Serious error
Damn how I love Victory.
The V30 I have keeps impressing me, does everything I want it to do really.

And now they got a vertical 2x12 cab coming out, with 2 Vintage 30s in it. Perfect. :love:
No more hunting around for something to put the 1x12 I have on so I can get it off the floor, allowing me to hear what I play. :)

A bit pricy, but deffo worth it to me. And the fact it's been tested with the same amp I already have should be a good thing.

Haven't bought it yet, but that's going to be a priority next month.

Cab in vid here:

The closest thing I have seen to this was from Mesa Boogie and A/DA.

Mesa Boogie - I remember seeing this cab being used on tour by Andrew Gold when he was touring with Linda Ronstadt around 1990 and my wife and I went to this concert.

P1221330.jpg

A/DA - I was looking for a used pair about 10 years ago for my stereo rig. I went instead with a Marshall 1960AV which by the flip of a switch it splits the cab into two.

Fotos-de-Colunas-para-guitarra-ADA-2X12_434752788_1.jpg

Vertical 2x12 makes more sense to me. I can't believe more companies don't make them.

They do make way more sense than both on the floor. Especially on stages where room for gear is sparse.

I normally flip 212s to vertical whether they are made for it or not. It would be nice to have the baffle angled up though.

And I can''t believe I'm the only Victory player in here.

Did you guys see the Red Dwarf vid by Rob btw? I'm almost considering buying it. :embarrassed:

I've actually never seen one to try around here. I'm also full up on amps so shopping for one to try isnt really practical :embarrassed:

Couldn't you just add some feet to the side of a regular 2x12 and stand it up when you need the extra room?
I normally flip 212s to vertical whether they are made for it or not. It would be nice to have the baffle angled up though.
This is what I used to do with my Bassman 2x12. Even the brown 1x12 that I own I would put that way sometimes depending on stage space.

No more hunting around for something to put the 1x12 I have on so I can get it off the floor, allowing me to hear what I play. :)

When I saw Electric Wizard last month they used 2x12s to raise the 4x12s. First time I’ve seen a band do that.

Awesome amps but that's selling a kidney price level for me. Over in Norway it's a couple of rounds of beer. OK, maybe 3 rounds for about 10 people. :wink:

It would be cheaper for me buying an American amp actually, with the exchange rates and all, the UK pound and our kroner rate tend to stay quite stable. I actually bought mine from Andertons, as they didn't have any reps here in Norway last summer. :embarrassed:
Still, probably some of the best money I've spent. :love:

I think Rob's new Red Dwarf will be priced a bit below the V30 btw, should be perfect for someone wanting a simple single channel amp.

Also a member of their facebook owners group on facebook, and looks like their customer service is second to none. That's something that's always a positive.

Having owned one for about 10 months now, I really don't understand why Euros would pay double for a Mesa or similar with killer amps like that available. I know a few who have done so. :embarrassed:

I went with my gut, and damn I'm happy I did. :)

I'm one of few who can derail my own thread :grin:

Anyways, a short jam clip from a band practice with the V30, for those who might be interested. :embarrassed:

Don't mind the mistakes too much :embarrassed:

I need a 4 ohm cab for my Bassman head.
2x10 or 2x12- too low to the ground, stack it vertical, too narrow for the head.
No way I'm toting a stack, or even 2 half stacks.
So I'm building a 22"x24" slant front 1x15 cab with a 4 ohm Weber Cali. Just big enough.
3/4 x 12 pine. 3/4 birch ply baffle.

Should I close it up?
I'm starting as open but designing in covertability to closed.

You just need to be careful with the inside dimensions not being even numbers, and use good wood with closed. Open back, to a point, is idiot proof.

^Bob411, I measured my inside cab dimensions

Height 22"
Width 20 1/2"
Depth top 9 1/4" bottom 9 3/4"

Is that too "even" numbers?

Back