Hehe. So I was on the way to Lowes and bought an...

telecaster911

Kick Henry Jackassowski
...old boat.

datasy9u.jpg

nagaqunu.jpg

Solid as the day it was built. Now to get mrs T a 1972 bikini to go with it :embarrassed:

I have had my eye on a small tri-hull with outboard for some time.

Not real keen on the orange, but overall, very cool, and looks to be in great shape!

Congrats!

That 80 HP outboard seems like a bit overkill for that boat. That thing is gonna fly like a bat out of hell! What is that, a 15'-er?
Very cool.

Break out another thousand!

Actually, that is small enough to be manageable for parts if you need to replace them. Most "off the shelf" stuff should fit that without issue.

16'. There's not much there to go wrong. Gas gauge and a tach are the only instruments. The motor was rebuilt about 2 years ago. There's really nothing there that I can't fix myself. That was the real deal sealer that the whole thing is manageable.

I was thinking a 13-15' with a 40 hp outboard on it and a bimini top.
Big enough for me, a friend or two, a cooler and a couple of fishing rods. I don't need it to go 50 mph, really don't. If you have ever been 50 mph on the water....well, if you fell out, you could break bones going that fast.

You scored big-time if you got that for a decent price, Telecaster911. I am jealous.

I downloaded a speedometer app. I'll report back on the top end after the weekend. :thu:

Pretty anxious to try 'er out again this weekend.

These were the best riding of the tri hulls. Notice the deeper vee in the center than most. Up on plane it's like a V but at low speed or stopped it's got the stability of a tri. It's a silverline comoro 16t. It was locally owned since new by one of the local riverboat captains that man the tugs here, but at 80 years old, it was time to let it go.

Second best day in my life was when I bought a boat. Best day in my life is when I sold it.
Honestly, I'd love to have another if I was going to use it. There are not a lot of lakes out here.

Back