Heartless Bastards anyone?

shoeless

Riffin'
Caught 'em on Austin City Limits last night and enjoyed them. I see they're playing a small venue nearby (Columbia, MD) in March. Think I might go see the show. Anybody familiar?

EDIT: I can't read...they'll be in Columbia, MO in March, not Columbia MD. But they will be at the 9:30 Club in DC on 5/9 if anyone is interested.

Maybe not the best sampling, but it was at the top of my Google search

Last edited:
Was expecting this:
lead_960.jpg

I like that band. I listened to their first record about a hundred times or more. Good songs and cool sounding singer. Good rock band.

The 9:30 put up the details of their show. Looks like they're opening for the Old 97s, which means they'll play a short set. Guess I'll have to familiarize myself with the Old 97s and decide if I still want to go or not.

The 9:30 put up the details of their show. Looks like they're opening for the Old 97s, which means they'll play a short set. Guess I'll have to familiarize myself with the Old 97s and decide if I still want to go or not.
Never heard of them but I am down for the Old 97s. I'll give these guys a listen too.

LOL. I guess people don't research band names very well anymore.

The Heartless Bastards has been James McMurtry's touring bands' name for well over a decade.

I like James McMurtry. He came through town not long ago (or maybe about to, not sure), but he's doing a solo tour. I'd rather see him with a full band.

I like James McMurtry. He came through town not long ago (or maybe about to, not sure), but he's doing a solo tour. I'd rather see him with a full band.

He's good with a full band, but also good solo. He's been up and down that road so many times, he knows how to hold a crowd.

Back