Dig it! HD 500/Looper. Gloves off edition.

OGG

Master of the Meh
Yeah, so across two different threads recently, I discussed finally getting a handle on the HD 500 and its meathead face clusterfuck of architecture it has.

Then in the Looper thread, I mentioned that I never use that function.

Well here's the problem Jerky!

The damned footswitch for the looper (unassignable, and can not be disabled) is right next to the expression pedal. I am completely OVER the fact that I regularly hit that switch inadvertently when kicking the volume rocker. This is a nightmare scenario during a live show, that has played out several times, and last night at rehearsal it bit me repeatedly.

Yes, that is partly because I am a big, clumsy, uncoordinated ogre with size 14 shoes, but it's also a serious design flaw.

I can't take it anymore. Since the unit has no way of disabling the bloody thing, I am left with no choice but to break out the tool box and expose this motherfucker's guts. That switch is about to become an ornament.

When I'm done emasculating that little prick, I'm sending a pic of the modification to Line 6 and suggesting they refer to my newly configured foitswitch as the "Deep Space Acoustics Modeler".

In space, no one can hear you scream.

I think you should get one of those hinged plastic covers like IN CASE OF EMERGENCY ONLY and cover the button.

WPSMPMDYCLMEPO.JPG

You guys providing OGG with more subtle and less violent solutions are also ruining my internet entertainment. Please stop.
Yeah.

I thought about a switch safety cover, but fuck all that bullshit. Gotta show a motherfucker who's boss. It may not be a pair of pliers and a blow torch, but wire snips and solder are no day at the park.

You could set it up like a missile silo. You and a bandmate have to turn your keys at the same time to loop.

Very "Wargames"
Did you know that the gun wielding, would-be Nukafier in that scene was Michael Madsen?

Almost prophetic. Dude is a bona fide psycho.

Back