Have you ever wanted your friends to point out when you're getting fat?

rickenvox

Animal Psychic
Geez, I just went on a weekend getaway for my buddy's bachelor party weekend up in Paso Robles (wine country). Most of the guys there are cyclists and we brought bikes and did a couple of rides. One up Pacific Coast highway past San Simeon (Hearst Castle location) and the other in wine country. Anyway a couple of the non-cyclists that came along are creative people that work in the industry (film, television). So the whole weekend was documented on video, from a drone, and still pictures. I went online and viewed all of it and realized - DAMN! I'm Fucking Fat. OK, so my arms and legs are still skinny, but growing a belly and face is fat. I wish good friends would just take you aside and say "Hey asshole, you're getting fat, lose some weight!" Seriously. Somehow my image of myself when looking in the mirror misses the fat part. I'm thinking I'm looking good, but just added a couple of pounds. I have had two injuries over the past year that put a real damper in my daily runs. The problem with athletes is that we eat whatever we want when working out regularly, but do the same when we slow down. So needless to say I'm back on some diet that I've used multiple times in the past to lose weight without slowing down my training. But yeah, good friends should tell you you're obese, right????

Some of it has to do with the company you keep. You will notice any weight gain if you are with a group of skinny people. You look slimmer if you are among a group of heavyweights.

Some of it has to do with the company you keep. You will notice any weight gain if you are with a group of skinny people. You look slimmer if you are among a group of heavyweights.

I'm thinking that seeking out fat friends is not a good strategy. Although I may feel better.

If you can grab your wallet out of you back pocket by reaching over your shoulder, then your butt is too big.

I don't need friends to tell me I'm fat. My 12 year old son reminds me from time to time. He also likes to point out my bald spot which bothers me a bit because I can forget about it due to the fact that I can't see it in the mirror.

. The problem with athletes is that we eat whatever we want when working out regularly, but do the same when we slow down. So needless to say I'm back on some diet that I've used multiple times in the past to lose weight without slowing down my training. But yeah, good friends should tell you you're obese, right????

Once I got older I always worried about that. I wanted to bulk up but would never completely commit to the necessary eating because I worried about gaining weight if I stopped exercising as much. Since I've retired I now exercise (cardio wise) more than before so I have a real difficulty keeping weight. If there is an doomsday situation I won't last very long :)

I think it's unlikely good friends would say much...but strangers on the internet will call you a fat ass without blinking an eye

you fat ass :Wave: stirthepot
:embarrassed:hmy:

Back