Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience?

1.jpg

I think the issue here is some folks WANT to have a "paranormal experience".

Those who claim to have had them would probably give anything to "un-see" them.

So, pick your poison.

Believe whatever you want.

Don't believe whatever you want.

But for the naysayers.... at some point, this does smack of Shakespeare's "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

My last post in this thread...
The naysayers are becoming more..

But that was predicted a long,long time ago.......

I strongly believe in it, but usually am able to debunk it...
Most peeps are to quick to believe ...... when its a normal event that they just didn't understand....
That's where I am. A lot of it is people misunderstanding what's going on, but I also believe that some energy that makes us up retains certain forms.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I have never been much of a believer in paranormal stuff but a few years ago something happened that made me question my beliefs about the subject. Let me start off by telling you that my dad was an engineer for Frisco and Burlington Northern railroad and he passed away in 1984.
Now to tell you what happened. A few years ago I had several occurrences when I would pull up to railroad crossings and no other cars or trains were around and the crossing lights, bells etc would go off in front of me. This happened about a dozen times in a 3-4 month time span. I always wondered if it was dad trying to communicate to me. I don't know. I thought it was really weird after it happened a few times.

No.

(Some of you who know what I do might be surprised. But I don't consider my field to be part of the "paranormal" - it's just part of the cycles life.)

I won't say it was a paranormal experience but it was a strange experience. When I was 13 years old I was riding my bike across the street (the coast seemed clear) and a woman hit me with her boyfriends' car (they were on the way to the prom). She was speeding.

She was travelling south to north, I was traveling east to west. I made it partway thru the intersection when I was struck:

Pic from Google Earth -> arrow shows direction of intended travel, X shows where I was hit.
intersection.png

Some notable things bug me to this day about that.
-I didn't lose consciousness. Everything was suffused in translucent blue (monocolor instead of the color images we normally see) and about 2-4 times slower than it should have been like my mind was concentrating so hard on what was happening that it simply didn't have enough processing power to let me experience "reality" normally.

-The car should have knocked me forwards and into the street horizontally.

-Instead, still on the bike I rose up ABOVE the car and looking UP I could see the hood, roof and trunk from about 25 feet height.

-Which means I was (1) upside down between 25-30 feet ABOVE the vehicle.

-I sort of reached a peak in my arc of travel, going so slowly I could see the street, the grass of the lawn on one side of the street, see the field to the northeast, the houses roughly to the west. It was almost peaceful with a slight bit of apprehension as I rotated to upright because I was wondering "how high am I going to go after they hit me?"

It got to a point where I realized I oriented upright and started to look like I was going to land and it was going to be painful and it was almost like a cartoon: blue monocolor vision went away, went back to 100% color and normal motion and BANG I landed about 10 feet in front of the vehicle, my bike was bent to hell and my glasses were trashed too.

I was taken to a hospital and was basically informed that if they'd been going just a bit faster I would have had major injuries and internal bleeding, as it was cute nurses were removing little tar covered rocks embedded in my legs.

I'm not sure it was paranormal, I just think more than likely the mind has modes not experienced under normal circumstances. To use a computer analogy It was like it was trying to get twice the framerate with the same processing speed so dropped down into a single color mode to give the brain essential information without the overhead of having to process full color.

A high school friend of mine did talk about all kinds of weird paranormal things happening in his house, he and his brother had many stories (and the younger brother had a penchant for playing in a punk band, getting drunk and using the ouija board - probably didn't help). They claimed the poltergeist performed many trick like behaviors like hiding things and putting things in weird places and all the kitchen drawers and cabinets were open in the morning when they came down to breakfast, all kinds of things. I never saw any of this but they would talk about it and they would get seriously freaked out by it. Weirdly they moved twice and the "ghost" followed them.

That being said I did personally witness one weird thing. The older brother was the bass player in my band and he was kind of vain about his hair. He was never without his special pink colored comb with a big handle out the back (it was the 80s after all). One day his comb vanished. It wasn't just a matter of "hey, go buy another comb!" it was his special comb and nothing else measured up (did I mention that bass players can be weird).

So, months pass and he's grudgingly using other combs. So, it turns out I'm over at his place hanging out and it turns out the pink comb is found.
At the bottom of a locked toolbox.
In the basement.
Under the two equipment drawers.

Personally, with how vain he was about that comb I was very amused.

And it may have not been a poltergeist but maybe his younger brother being "funny". Still, given that the bass player was the only guy with a key for that toolbox I wonder.

Back