Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience?

Believe what you want.

Don't believe what you want.

Case in point: The Michael Brown shooting where different "sides" with preconceived notions and attitudes would not budge from their beliefs on what happened, even though they didn't witness anything/everything that transpired.

No time to read the thread, but just to add to the sampling, no. I've never experienced anything that seemed even remotely paranormal.

Case in point: The Michael Brown shooting where different "sides" with preconceived notions and attitudes would not budge from their beliefs on what happened, even though they didn't witness anything/everything that transpired.

Not really a good comparison as in most cases of 'paranormal' experiences, there are perfectly valid proven natural explanations.

Not really a good comparison as in most cases of 'paranormal' experiences, there are perfectly valid proven natural explanations.

The point being that preconceived notions and attitudes create an unyielding position are universal. This is applied constantly by most everyone on the world, regardless of the situation or belief.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho
2enuhop.gif

The point being that preconceived notions and attitudes create an unyielding position are universal. This is applied constantly by most everyone on the world, regardless of the situation or belief.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho
2enuhop.gif

Well, the starting point of science at least is to not have preconceived notions and no bias. Thats also where science differs from pseudoscience.

2enuhop.gif

My position is not unyielding.

But, in this case, the "your mind is playing tricks on you" hypothesis is a far more likely scenario, all things considered.

The burden of proof is not (and shouldn't be) on our current understanding. That's not unique to "supernatural" phenomena, it's uniformly consistent with the scientific method.

And it seems less and less likely that evidence will appear over time, given that so many people carry small video cameras and heart monitors on their persons.

I'm not discouraging anyone from pursuing the matter, though, all else being equal. But things aren't equal, of course.

As usual, my considerate brevity creates opportunity.

However, I was not targeting anyone here, just observations of society in general. :wink:

Last edited:
To quote Todd Snider, "Believing and knowing, those are two different things." And as far as I can tell, we dont know all that much.

Too many people are of the opinion that because they believe something it is truth for everyone else. Their perception is reality. Believing and knowing, those are two different things.

I have not had anything that resembles paranormal although I do have those deja vu things once in a while and they freak me out. I lost both of my parents so I really wish I could. The unfortunate reality for me is they are gone.

Back