Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience?

Day or three after one of my dogs died I heard the sound of his whining coming from the woods/brush/poison ivy HQ in back of the house. This happened at dusk or shortly after for 2-3 days. The only time I'd heard the sound before was from my dog and I've never heard it afterwards. I wanted to go back and see what would happen but I didn't have a flashlight and in the summer it's full of brambles and the aforementioned poison ivy that don't magically disappear at night. This was about 8-10 years ago and it still makes me feel bad.
Ah...That was probably Flamencology in your back yard...Messin' with your mind...........

Last edited:
Prove it.......

Onus propandi + Occam's ravor = not my problem

If you're seeing ghosts, aliens, angels, etc., and you believe it to be anything other than your brain firing the wrong neurons in the wrong places, then psychiatry is the correct and healthy solution, rather than to trust your senses. Of course, trying to convince a crazy man that he's crazy is crazy in its own right.

Last edited:
Onus propandi + Occam's ravor = not my problem

If you're seeing ghosts, aliens, angels, etc., and you believe it to be anything other than your brain firing the wrong neurons in the wrong places, then psychiatry is the correct and healthy solution rather, than to trust your senses. Of course, trying to convince a crazy man that he's crazy is crazy in its own right.

i'm reasonably sure dying on the operating table and then being brought back to life was NOT MY IMAGINATION.

Psychiatry..

Man oh man......Good luck with that....And they can prescribe too........... Give me popcorn and grape soda and I'll ride out the storm...

i'm reasonably sure dying on the operating table and then being brought back to life was NOT MY IMAGINATION.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Medical professionals give epinephrine shots to flatlining patients every day. Some of those hearts start beating, some don't. Are they surprised either way?

You don't have to look far for people whose hearts have stopped. Check any ICU.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Medical professionals give epinephrine shots to flatlining patients every day. Some of those hearts start beating, some don't. Are they surprised either way?

You don't have to look far for people whose hearts have stopped. Check any ICU.

FUCK YOU

Some people have witnessed things that cause them to wonder...

Others are so stale and clinical that they can't see past their wrists....

I know who I want to hang with....

My work deals with lit, film, myth, and theatre. I often prefer fiction over fact. Sometimes I don't. But I think that it's important to know the difference, to the best of my ability.

At least once you're done dealing with whatever trauma you're dealing with, and you've reached the point where you don't need coping mechanisms any longer.

Last edited:
Though I may be willing to accept a misfiring neuron theory for the appearance of angels, ghosts or demons, I cannot believe that I twice had dreams that playedd out to the fact that I was able to call minute details of what was going to happen in real time and have a witness (though I haven't seen this person for 25 years and won't search her out). I wish I never lost the talent for it.

How do your theories account for multiple people having the same ghost experience in one house seperately over a period of decades?

How do your theories account for multiple people having the same ghost experience in one house seperately over a period of decades?

Archetypes are archetypes for a reason. Within this very thread, we've had forumites discuss similar experiences.

People that give a blunt, 'no' need to open their minds a little. Theres so much more we don't understand compared to what we already know.

Plus, life would be boring if it was all black and white. Lots of people believe in a God, I see little difference to believing in the presence of sprits here on Earth.

There is a lot of evidence NDEs are hallucinations caused by lack of oxygen to the blood. There is NO evidence of anything 'paranormal'

just saying

False comparison. As it suggests it's either or. It's not.

Besides that, calling on the 'paranormal' is the end of wonder. It allows for people finding a definitive answer. People who truly wonder, do research and try to find answers in nature, something that, you know... has real evidence.

Believe what you want.

Don't believe what you want.

Who cares?
Until it happens to you, you're just reciting facts and theories out of medical journal. (The "Prove it" crowd)
And for those of us that have experienced something like this, no one will be able to convince us otherwise. (The "Disprove it" crowd)

So, if that's the case, then why argue about it?

I've know of several times in the past when the women of my family suddenly knew that a family member died. Most of these events happened to them when they were young. They would tell a parent that grand dad or whomever died, or in my wife's case, she talked to her grand dad who visited her room when she was 6. The phone call by a relative usually came not long after with the news of the death.

Who can dispute that some people are more sensitive to various natural inputs, be it an energy or perhaps what is called a "spirit"? Not exactly pheromones, but something less tangible or detectible. I'm not referring to fraudulent psychics who make money off of desperate people's pain and curiosity.

Just because we don't yet understand something doesn't mean the possibility should be condemned with the "pseudoscience" label. Conversely, not understanding something shouldn't make it automatically magical or paranormal, either!

Back