Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience?

"Paranormal events are phenomena described in popular culture, folklore and other non-scientific bodies of knowledge, whose existence within these contexts is described to lie beyond normal experience or scientific explanation."

In that case, my entire existence is paranormal.

Not since the 60's. Well, maybe one or two but I'm pretty sure those were just flash backs.

Only one time but I'm not sure if it actually was one...

I'll cut this short...

I killed two sparrows within a week once while driving...One sparrow I actually stopped my car and it died in my hand on the way to the vet...

A couple of weeks later and once again,within about a one week span I was able to pick up two chickadees and release them after I brought them inside and warmed them up..

I won't even mention about my Grandmother getting back to me a couple of days after she passed....

Cool stuff...........

Sure. I've told this story a million times though, so here's the condensed version:

I had an extremely vivid dream that I was working at the Houston Zoo and was attacked by a tiger. Woke up in a terrified panic and was amazed and grateful to still be alive. Later that day while watching the local news, I learned that a zookeeper had been attacked and killed by a tiger at the zoo at the same time I was dreaming about it.

I'm enough of a skeptic to say that it was mostly likely an incredible coincidence, but it did give me a serious case of the creeps. And still does.

A few times yes as far as ghosts go. Twice I've had very accurate premonitions (dreams) in my teens.

I have an aunt that gets routinely visited by friends or relatives that have recently passed, and she once saved my teenage life with a well placed phone call on a hunch that something was wrong at our place. It wasn't a fire as she thought, but I was about to do something terminally stupid in a bout of depression. I realized someone cared at that point.

Sure. I've told this story a million times though, so here's the condensed version:

I had an extremely vivid dream that I was working at the Houston Zoo and was attacked by a tiger. Woke up in a terrified panic and was amazed and grateful to still be alive. Later that day while watching the local news, I learned that a zookeeper had been attacked and killed by a tiger at the zoo at the same time I was dreaming about it.

I'm enough of a skeptic to say that it was mostly likely an incredible coincidence, but it did give me a serious case of the creeps. And still does.

The mind is a strange thing and it's not to be trusted. It has a habit of filling in blanks and making up connections.

Still freaks you out if something like this happens.

Recently research has indicated ghosts are nothing more that a trick of the mind and can be evoked with a simple experiment

Being from Puerto Rico (the land of Brujas, spells and incantations) my Mother in Law is the Paranormal in our family. My wife once told me that her Mother had written my name on a piece of paper, cast a spell on it and then froze it in a small vial of water in her freezer. She said it was a good thing but knowing my Mother in Law and given my history of bad luck I'm not so sure.

Those who said yes, would you care to elaborate?

*Awaits monosyllabic answer*

No.

I imgaine those who answered with a simple "yes" feel a lot like I do.

If/When something like that happens to you, it probably scares the living fucking shit out of you, as well as fucks with your mind for awhile (read: forever).

The idea of discussing such a thing in a public forum really opens one up for ridicule, dissection of something extremely personal, etc....and that's probably not something anyone who answered "yes" is really into.

If you would like some details, I would take it off-line, but I'm not ready for that kind of exposure, thanks.

I always find it kind of interesting that folks are extremely interested in other people's "paranormal experiences" have sort of a morbid fascination with it.
I guess I understand it, but if it ever REALLY happened to you, would you want it to? I mean, really? What are you looking for? Because once it DOES it happen, you don't need to be convinced anymore of anything. Actually, it leaves you forever guessing "Was that real, or did I imagine it?" Even though you know the answer, and yeah, it was real. It wasn't a trick of the light, or imagination, or something your mind made up. If you have ever been that scared, you'd understand.
Very personal. Very terrifying.
And that's not really something you want any part of. Really.

I find that I don't have any more answers than anyone else has. It is a very strange feeling.....

JM2CW, though. I can't speak for anyone else.

Last edited:
No.

I imgaine those who answered with a simple "yes" feel a lot like I do.

If/When something like that happens to you, it probably scares the living fucking shit out of you, as well as fucks with your mind for awhile (read: forever).

The idea of discussing such a thing in a public forum really opens one up for ridicule, dissection of something extremely personal, etc....and that's probably not something anyone who answered "yes" is really into.

If you would like some details, I would take it off-line, but I'm not ready for that kind of exposure, thanks.

Fair enough

Premonitions
One visit from a dead relative
One message from an angel

I don't think I've ever told anyone about any of those events until right now.

Well, since Elias has gone first, lol.....

1 visit from an angel.

I have seen 1 demon twice (well, I was never allowed to see all of it at once.)

That sort of shit.......not for the faint of heart.

I never did see my angel. Only heard it but I "knew" that's what it was. And that voice...I'll never forget it. Almost like someone had Joe Walsh' talk box hooked up to a French horn. Not like singing. More like a musical instrument that talked. It was bizarre.

Back