Have you ever had a non-Cavendish banana?

The only Cavendish I know of is Mark Cavendish (AKA: The Cheshire Cat)
20144452_226163_670.jpg

He likes winning 'naners.

But seriously, we've always had a naturally growing banana tree at almost every house I've lived in. They grow like weeds here. I don't know the actual banana type, but they are 1/3 the size of a cavendish.
banana-tree-600x410.jpg

banana.jpg

I eat finger bananas all the time. The are much better than the normal cavendish bananas, but not as 'pretty'.

Mejier has the red ones and the little ones. And the legend goes that artificial banana flavor doesn't taste like bananas because the flavor profile was based on an analysis of piste previous monocrop banana variety, the Gros Michel.

Mejier has the red ones and the little ones. And the legend goes that artificial banana flavor doesn't taste like bananas because the flavor profile was based on an analysis of piste previous monocrop banana variety, the Gros Michel.

I remember seeing them but I think they might have stopped carrying them here. They stop carrying pretty much anything I take a liking to.

I've had the red latundans before...not really a fan of bananas so I don't really seek them out.

Back