Have you been to any album cover photo locations?

The cover to Yes' Fragile - I went to band camp there. :embarrassed:

Hmm, off the top of my head, I got nothin'. I'll have to think on it.

I've been to ziggy stardust. Not on purpose. On an unrelated tour and the guide just pointed it out as an aside.

Accidentally went to physical graffiti.

That Elliot Smith album with the black/red/white graphic design is (currently) on a decent fusion-y taqueria in LA that I've been to a couple times. That's the only one that comes to mind.

The cover of Physical Grafitti,and the cover of Going for the One. I was clothed at the time.

Yes, Doobie Brothers 'the captain and me'

It is now one of the busiest freeway interchanges in Silicon Valley, but it sat unfinished for years.

doobie03.jpg

Collamonument.jpg

imgres-2.jpg

I was going to say not that I know of, but I've been to the Capital Building and on its lawn...albeit during our 8th grade class trip when I live in NY.

When in Hollywood to see a show, sometimes my buddies and I would drive by the "Log Cabin" where Zappa used to live. The interior shots to Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica were shot there. The closest I got was on the other side of the fence.

tumblr_inline_n8ookxMudo1sauz6x.jpg

Does this count? Probably NOT. Now you know what a stalker fanboy I was.

Almost forgot:
MI0000137446.jpg

This restaurant is on 3rd and Hesperian in Santa Ana. Right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. You order just inside those doors and you eat on picnic tables in the front yard. I loved it. Wife, not so much. Signed publicity pics of numerous blues luminaries plaster the interior.

Last edited:
Capitol building in D.C.
(I mention that only because I saw it above. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known it was on a album cover)

I've been here:
image.jpeg

Back