Has anyone tried cleaning their headlight lens this way???

I didn't watch the video but I've used the headlight restorer kit. Worked amazing. Lasted over a year then I sold the car. I'd recommend it, man.

I've never seen that before.
Results look good but I'd want to know if the lens was really yellowed or just dirty.
I'd also like to see it after it dries.

I've heard of using toothpaste. That seems to. Are sense as there's some abrasiveness to it.

I've used a restorer kit, and had some success. A year later I r we pla c ed both headlight assemblies with parts from partsgeek.

Melting is what I thought it would do.

I've used tooth paste and I've used Myers, I think, clear lens polish. With the polish I used it with my drill and a buffing pad and it worked well. Tooth paste worked well too but I clean them every few month and don't let them go brown again.

Yes, I just did that to my old Passat. Seemed to help pretty well. My lenses were pretty bad. Saving me from having to buy expensive replacements for now. To my knowledge, from the guy that showed this method to me, you need to do it every month or so. Was considering doing a proper polish too to see if I could extend it.

I use the headlight kit, too. Works pretty well if your headlights are a little hazy. If the plastic has yellowed deeply, not so much.

I used a headlight restore kit a while back and it worked pretty good. It came with a few grits of sandpaper, towelettes and a mysterious unidentified liquid that smelled very much like the Future Floor Polish Mom used to put down on the linoleum floor in the kitchen when I was a kid. I'm bettin' its the same stuff. Need to go visit Mom and see if she's still got some :grin:

Back