Hartung Guitars Junico in Goldtop

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/hartung-guitars-junico-in-goldtop/

hartung-junico-goldtop-1.jpg

This Frank Hartung Junico features a Mahogany body and neck, body binding, soft V neck shape, Rosewood fretboard, Häussel pickups and a incredible Goldtop finish.

hartung-goldtop-guitar.jpg

• Model: Junico
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Neck: Mahogany, Soft V-Shape
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Scale: 25″
  • Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
  • Pickups: Häussel P90 (neck), Häussel Humbucker (Bridge)
  • Controls: Volume, Tone (push/pull), 3-way Toggle Switch
  • Bridge: Wraparound
  • Tuners: Grover Deluxe
  • Hardware: Nickel
  • Color: Goldtop
$3799.00 + Shipping

I appreciate the unique body profile, but not a fan of goldtops outside of Betts' LP and Grissom's PRS. The price seems steep for a basic flattop electric, but it seems inline with the Huber posted above.

I like the shape but not the guitar. The body has some kind of neo-space age thing happening that’s forward thinking rather than retro (retro being a Backlund). But the accoutrements look dated here. I’d like to see this one with a white or black guard, chrome machine heads, and alumitones or some other twenty-first century looking pickup.

It wasn't until I saw this guitar that I realized that I only like mismatched p'ups on a Tele. And having just had a transcendent experience recording a guitar solo through p90s (as mentioned in the p90s thread), I'd prefer the p90 in the bridge (i.e. "lead") position, tho that would be even uglier than the present set up.

Back