Achtung! Harmony Central is currently under maintenance. We have some new and exciting things on the way.

I never had a 20pg thread lamenting the death of McF's page...just sayin'

That's because we had already beat the topic to death on the Unreal board.... so in some ways there were MORE than 20 pages devoted to the topic. :helper:

HILARIOUS.

Collapse
Updated April 23rd, 2014

NOW FIXED! - Speed Issue Update: The loading speed of the Forums is now faster (approx 3-4 seconds per page or less). Thank you for your patience while we developed a custom patch/fix for VBulletin.

VB Bugs: VBulletin is not responsive to our bug reports. Therefore we will start implementing our own patch fixes. Our sincerest apologies for the delay in getting the bugs fixed. We felt is was best to give VB a chance to clean up there own mess. Now that we know they won't, we'll make it happen. Fixes to some of the major problems are coming soon. We'll post the "fix it" list in the next day or so.

VB Tutorials - Here are some links that might help learn the ins-and-outs of using VB...

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/manual/
http://www.vbulletin.com/en/learn-more/

Thank you for your understanding and support while we get our site back on track with VBulletin.

Team HC

@dodgechargerfan - aren't you glad we went Xenforo?

Uma Floresta, I think? When they got sick of him in GJ, he started trolling HCEG.
I think I remember the Zdjango guy arguing with Jimmy and it seemed to somehow migrate to EVERY darned thread on that forum. But then, later, someone told me that Jimmy and Zdjango were the SAME GUY and I didn't know what to think.
I seriously hope that's not the case. It'd be like when Wes Powell spent days deleting his posts so that it wouldn't seem like he spent as much time on HC like he did, only worse.

But then again, I never saw anyone on HC behave that way before he arrived (is it Zdjango he went by eventually?), and I know he went into his schtick almost immediately after joining. That normally doesn't happen, especially not in a forum where the in-jokes and behavior of various forumites are so idiosyncratic.

How timely: http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-41/31126747-what-is-this-madness

I was wondering about that. Did you get it figured out yet?

I did. The show stopper was creating a backup and a migration database on the same server.
The hosting company didn't like me having that many records on the shared server.
So, I was going to move it all to my VPS account, but I got pissed off at something and walked away... A year later, I haven't touched it again.

I did. The show stopper was creating a backup and a migration database on the same server.
The hosting company didn't like me having that many records on the shared server.
So, I was going to move it all to my VPS account, but I got pissed off at something and walked away... A year later, I haven't touched it again.
I can completely understand that frame of mind :embarrassed:

They are going to fix vBulletin's bugs?

Somebody with a brain or at least a law degree might want to double-check the license terms before they do that.

They are going to fix vBulletin's bugs?

Somebody with a brain or at least a law degree might want to double-check the license terms before they do that.
Well, it would probably be no different than all the mods that people do to vB. Also, when vB isn't supporting a large community that could be a showcase for their software, they're idiots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back