Achtung! Harmony Central is currently under maintenance. We have some new and exciting things on the way.

You know what's sad? And here's my take. Back in 2007 things were broke and then they changed to Jive in 2010 and that didn't work. They gave us back our regular "HC with Broken Search ®" and still decided to change things. They tried once again to make the forum better by going with Lithium in 2012 and that didn't work. I'm thinking with the graph provided, that the decline of HC = how a site can implode.

I miss going there. Instead of one site to go to, I have 3. Does that irritate me? yes and no. Yes, because we all used to frequent the dealer. No, because I get to meet the other side of our web personalities on a more civil site :)

p.s. If you think about it, things were going down hill pre-2007 and the fact that some folks stuck around is amazing. But amazingly enough is that we STILL care about the site we once enjoyed going to, but now look at it as an abused car that we know coulda ran better with an oil change, a full tank, and new tires.

I just visited HC for the first time in forever. Went to Guitar Jam, only 2 threads (I think). Then the page died. I couldn't do anything to get out so I killed the browser. I still can't believe how badly they fucked it up.

I just visited HC for the first time in forever. Went to Guitar Jam, only 2 threads (I think). Then the page died. I couldn't do anything to get out so I killed the browser. I still can't believe how badly they fucked it up.

It's almost as if there's a conspiracy at work...:tinfoil:

I gave up on Guitar Jam when you had had to request special permission to get there. It just wasn't worth it at that point because it was already nearly dead from all the other problems. The acoustic guitar forum is very slow now as well. That's a shame because there are some nice folks there.

I gave up on Guitar Jam when you had had to request special permission to get there. It just wasn't worth it at that point because it was already nearly dead from all the other problems. The acoustic guitar forum is very slow now as well. That's a shame because there are some nice folks there.
They really couldn't have picked a better way to kill that forum off. Open Jam and the Political Party forums I think had people who were more dedicated to showing up and posting no matter what but GJ was slow before that.

In all honesty I really hope that things pick up over there. Now they're back to vB, I'm much more inclined to use it. Trouble at the moment is that there are so few people posting over there that it's going to take ages to get the ball rolling again.

In all honesty I really hope that things pick up over there. Now they're back to vB, I'm much more inclined to use it. Trouble at the moment is that there are so few people posting over there that it's going to take ages to get the ball rolling again.

I've been trying to post a bit here and there but it is hard when the conversations take so long (if ever) to develop. Sadly this was the time they should have bypassed vB though.
Is it just me or does it seem to be a bit quicker today?

Still slow for me right now.

You know what's sad? And here's my take. Back in 2007 things were broke and then they changed to Jive in 2010 and that didn't work. They gave us back our regular "HC with Broken Search ®" and still decided to change things. They tried once again to make the forum better by going with Lithium in 2012 and that didn't work. I'm thinking with the graph provided, that the decline of HC = how a site can implode.

I miss going there. Instead of one site to go to, I have 3. Does that irritate me? yes and no. Yes, because we all used to frequent the dealer. No, because I get to meet the other side of our web personalities on a more civil site :)

p.s. If you think about it, things were going down hill pre-2007 and the fact that some folks stuck around is amazing. But amazingly enough is that we STILL care about the site we once enjoyed going to, but now look at it as an abused car that we know coulda ran better with an oil change, a full tank, and new tires.
I signed up in 2007 and remember people talking about the "good old days" even then but it was hugely fun for me and it really was my gateway drug to guitar forums. I'm not sure why I still care about going there but I do. The way they've handled the whole thing infuriates me though. Its none of my business how someone else runs their site but they have made so many stupid and obvious mistakes that it kills me. It really is a case study in how to destroy a thriving online community.

I signed up in 2007 and remember people talking about the "good old days" even then but it was hugely fun for me and it really was my gateway drug to guitar forums. I'm not sure why I still care about going there but I do. The way they've handled the whole thing infuriates me though. Its none of my business how someone else runs their site but they have made so many stupid and obvious mistakes that it kills me. It really is a case study in how to destroy a thriving online community.

Looking back on it now, that place died when Scott sold it. MF has been kicking the corpse they bought ever since. I messaged Scott a few years ago and he was saddened by what they'd done, but he'd also clearly moved on. It was at that point I knew it didn't make sense to go back. And that people still keep going back continues to perplex me.

Looking back on it now, that place died when Scott sold it. MF has been kicking the corpse they bought ever since. I messaged Scott a few years ago and he was saddened by what they'd done, but he'd also clearly moved on. It was at that point I knew it didn't make sense to go back. And that people still keep going back continues to perplex me.
It is definitely "over" as far as what attracted me to the site in the first place. And I'm perplexed about me watching it go down the tubes too :embarrassed:

It's like seeing an old friend drink himself into the gutter. You tried to help but he ruined his life anyway. You keep checking in on him hoping to make a difference but he offers you a slug of Mad Dog.

It is sad. I had some great times there and some good "friends" on HCEG. I got virtual lessons, posted my lame efforts on BT and got really good and helpful feedback making me both a better player and more confident that I was moving in the right direction. I wanted to stay and help but it just never got better after the first Jive fiasco and I finally gave up.

HC, all is forgiven!

http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/31108510?src=3BNM4DBA

twim-674dc5dc.jpeg

Back