Hardtail Parts-Strat...No longer available

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
This particular guitar was quite literally built out of spare parts I had in my parts box...the build was documented (so to speak) in this thread...

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/so-i-was-sorting-through-my-parts-pile.77997/

Red Dirt Guitar Works body, Ash...NOT swamp ash...finished in 3 very thin coats of Formby's Poly...

Genuine Fender '54 style pickguard with GFS 70s Grey Bottom pickups...

Body did require one knot to be filled near the strap button...

I needed to allow for a difference between body and neck specs to get the action playable...I could have (and probably should have) shimmed the neck but I had a GFS bridge which didn't fit well with the pickguard so I shimmed the bridge instead...

MightyMite Fender licensed neck is the older, heavier profile with the older style medium frets and a mild birdseye look...

Tuners are GFS locking type...

Complete guitar will ship in a gig bag...

All prices are PLUS actual shipping...

Guitar complete...200.00

Body with pickguard and electronics installed...125.00

Body alone...100.00

Pickguard and electronics...25.00

Neck with tuners and hardware...75.00

Last edited:
Hey, stupid question, @jelloman... Did you ever sell this stuff and not mark it or do you still have that body? LOL

I'm looking for a hardtail Strat body for an HH setup, had one purchased on Reverb, and then the seller refunded me because he was "out of stock". Figured I'd poke around here.

Hey, stupid question, @jelloman... Did you ever sell this stuff and not mark it or do you still have that body? LOL

I'm looking for a hardtail Strat body for an HH setup, had one purchased on Reverb, and then the seller refunded me because he was "out of stock". Figured I'd poke around here.
No, sorry, that's long gone...I'll update the thread title accordingly...

D'oh! Thanks anyway. Now I need to find a hardtail Strat body since I also bought all the other parts for the build. LOL
I've got a cheapo translucent green hardtail strat body made out of paulownia that I never got around to using.
I'm not gonna go out anywhere to ship it anytime soon. But if you remind me after all this Corona shit is over, I'll send it to you.

I've got a cheapo translucent green hardtail strat body made out of paulownia that I never got around to using.
I'm not gonna go out anywhere to ship it anytime soon. But if you remind me after all this Corona shit is over, I'll send it to you.
I was looking for a quaranproject, but thanks. LOL I have two Tele bodies (one pine HH, one ash double P90) being delivered soon, too... I've gone mad. MAD, I TELL YOU!

I'm trying to convince @Guitar Heel to order parts for a build and send them to me so I can put it together for him :grin:
Problem is that the parts need to already be made and stocked by a company that's still shipping. I'd order a Warmoth body if they weren't closed.

Back