Hard to resist...Craigslist content

I talked to him on the phone. Says he's in Jersey until Friday, he's right down the road from me at work. No e-mail exchanged. He sounded fairly doofy, selling for a friend who has arthritis and can't play anymore. If you don't hear from me Saturday, call the authorities.

When I see something like that at a price that's too good to be true, I immediately think they're hiding a defect, or it's stolen.

Last edited:
When I see something like that at a price that's too good to be true, I immediately think their hiding a defect, or it's stolen.
Since the guy is "selling for a friend with arthritis", I'm pretty sure it is the latter.

The selling it for a friend is odd. The owner of the guitar knows what he has.why does he need someone to sell it for him. Unless he's real computor illiterate and doesn't want to deal with Craigslist. I dunno. I'd be wary.

The selling it for a friend is odd. The owner of the guitar knows what he has.why does he need someone to sell it for him. Unless he's real computor illiterate and doesn't want to deal with Craigslist. I dunno. I'd be wary.
Not everyone is computer literate, and some folks just don't want to be bothered. I have a friend who refuses to use a computer. Of course, he wants me to do a lot of stuff for him. :rolleyes:

Not everyone is computer literate, and some folks just don't want to be bothered. I have a friend who refuses to use a computer. Of course, he wants me to do a lot of stuff for him. :rolleyes:
Yes, that's true. But, too cheap - yellow flag. Conveniently selling for someone else - yellow flag.

Yeah, I'm out. Too weird. I have had at least 1 great steal on CL in my lifetime. So, I got that going for me.

Back