Happy Tax Day!

I waited till this past weekend to do my taxes. I was pretty sure I owed money so I put it off until the last few days.

Turned out I got a refund. Not much, but still, better than paying. Uncle Sam got enough of my money!

Mailed mine out Sunday. I owed way too much this year. I could have really put that money to better use than the government will. I am sure tele would agree. :grin:

I always figure that people who bitch the loudest about taxes probably get the most benefits...

Reactions: Tig
Just knocked em out. Getting 2500 back…

N00249-front-large.jpg

Uh-oh!

We did ours a few weeks ago. Actually got a small refund from fed and state, and refunds have already been received.

I waited till this past weekend to do my taxes. I was pretty sure I owed money so I put it off until the last few days.

Turned out I got a refund. Not much, but still, better than paying. Uncle Sam got enough of my money!

Same here.

As long as I'm within $500 one way or the other I'm okay with it (of course I'd rather get money back). If I was getting 6 grand back I'd be "you had that money all year long and I didn't even earn interest (or GM stock) on it?"... or the couple times that I had to pay 4+ grand and I was.... :mad:

Last edited:
I'd like to thank Uncle Sam for giving me another bloody asshole. Damn, I took a fucking this year. Guess if I didn't make it I wouldn't have to pay it. :Rage:

You know why no one starts a new business while working?
Because the fu**ing taxes on the additional income enter into stratospheric levels. I just got hosed for one simple f*cking freelance job that amounted to one 50th of my total income.

I get 1099'd on some of my income so if I owe only a little, I'm pleased. The days of big returns are over for me.

Speaking of taxes, we should start hearing various candidates talk about flat tax and fair tax ideas pretty soon, only to be put back in the magic bag after the election is over.

You know why no one starts a new business while working?
Because the fu**ing taxes on the additional income enter into stratospheric levels. I just got hosed for one simple f*cking freelance job that amounted to one 50th of my total income.

And look out if you win any prizes that they 10-99 you on. :embarrassed:. The taxes my wife and I paid for a trip she won were almost what we would have paid for a reasonable trip there (less fancy dinners or hotel)

Back