Happy New Shubb Day!

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
So I was in the local music store the other day, picking up a few new drumsticks, and I decided to get another capo so I wouldn't be having to remember to switch it to the case of the acoustic that I would be using. I have always bought Kysers before, if only because that what I had seen most people use. I saw the Shubb C-1 and decided to give it a try in the store, thinking that if I didn't like it, it would go back on the wall, and a new Kyser would go home with me. Well, I was blown away by this Shubb capo! Not only does it stay out of my way, but I swear the guitar has clearer tone with this capo.

I was told at the store that it was harder to put on, but it clamps on, and might only be a issue if you are having to make an extremely quick position change. The set screw allows the capo to be fit perfectly to your individual guitar neck, and once that's done, you just clamp in in position. Just thought someone might want to check it out, if you've ever felt, like I have, that the standard capo designs leave the capo in the way of you hand.

Here's a picture of it if you have never seen it:

DV016_Jpg_Large_1274115043416_A.jpg

I have tried just about every capo out there, and that is the one I have settled on. I have a 6-string and a 12-string model.

At the open mic last night, people placed their guitars on stands in front of the stage. Mine was the only one that didn't have a tuner and capo clamped to the headstock. Even if I didn't have the built in tuner, the tuner would go into my case after I tuned the guitar.

I'm getting to the point that I like to have a capo clamped to my electric headstocks. :helper:

G7 on a PRS.

1452356_10152040412928792_1560595652_n.jpg

I have no problem with people clamping their capo to the headstock; I just have a problem with me clamping a capo to a headstock.

The nice thing about the Shubb is it goes right into my pants pocket easily.

I have been using a Planet Waves capo on my electric for our live shows. I only use it for one song, Copperhead Road, because I want to get more of a mandolin sound at the beginning. It is similar to the G7 and tightens on nicely. My old standard Kyser pulled the electric out of tune since the string tension is a lot lower than on my acoustic.

Planet Waves NS Trigger for me, please. I used to use Kysers, but those things clamp too hard. My G7 is the biggest piece of shit I've ever used. I'd rather using one of those elastic band capos. Really.

Well, I pulled out a Dunlop Trigger Curved capo, and AB'ed it with the Shubb C-1. The Dunlop capo made my strings sound lifeless, while the Shubb made those same string sound full and lively. I was actually surprised at how much of a difference there was in the sound.

I have the Shubb capo and Kysers and another one who's name I do not know. I think I will AB(C) them based on what I read here.

Back