Happy New Reverb Day!

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
so i bit. my friend Scott at Axe and You Shall Receive gave me a great deal on a Van Amps Sole Mate Jr. I should have it either Friday or Saturday.

the dimensions of the external tank are 9 1/4" x 3 1/2" x 1 3/8". perfect for fitting underneath a Pedaltrain Jr with velcro. the footswitch is 3 5/8" x 7". a bit long, but the right width for the board. it won't fit on my Pedaltrain Mini, but if i'm bringing that board, there's no room for reverb anyway. it's always tuner -> dirt -> delay, and maybe something else like a boost or phase.

i'll have to see how it all fits, but there is an unlikely scenario where the only pedal that gets kicked off the board is my LPB-1. most likely, it'll be either the TZF or Pitchfactor. but that was bound to happen anyway.

oh, and Mark, he's got at least 3 more.

Last edited by a moderator:
HNRD!

I really shouldn't.

i'll put it this way. all the clips i've heard of pedal reverbs sound nothing like spring reverb. it was painfully obvious from Brad's demo that nothing else captures the sound. and if i can hear it through YouTube, then the difference is stark. if you have to have spring reverb, then this is it. if you just want reverb, then pick up a Digitech Hardwire or a TC Electronics Nova Reverb. i'm an idiot, and needed real reverb.

That is a really cool idea. It looks too small to be a real reverb tank, but it sounds like it gets the job done pretty well.

That is a really cool idea. It looks too small to be a real reverb tank, but it sounds like it gets the job done pretty well.

the pedal you're looking at is only the controller. the reverb tank is approximately 9" x 3.5" and mounts underneath the pedalboard.

interim board (friend has my valcoder, supa-trem is for sale) - before wiring

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

If you get overaggressive with stomping your pedals, do you get the spring reverb thunderclap? That would be the only thing that worried me with that type of setup.

got to use it last night at band practice. the audible difference between a lot of reverb and a "reverb like delay" is significant. there's just no getting there with the delay.

my only worry is there is a small but audible pop when turning on the unit. i'm not certain if it's the 12v power supply or how i have the tank mounted. I'll call Van Amps later and see what they have to say.

update: he thinks it might be the switch. says they got a new batch of switches and while they seemed to be the same, it's possible there's an inconsistency with the original batch. so he'll get back to me. nice guy. :thu:

MUST. NOT. ORDER.

honestly, there's nothing else like these on the market. the Dano Spring King is a joke and the Demeter is twice the price for no good reason. i'm totally sold on it. and with the Catalinbread Valcoder taking care of my tremolo, it sounds scarily close to my Allen.

honestly, there's nothing else like these on the market. the Dano Spring King is a joke and the Demeter is twice the price for no good reason. i'm totally sold on it. and with the Catalinbread Valcoder taking care of my tremolo, it sounds scarily close to my Allen.

It really sounds perfect for what I'm looking for. I just shouldn't spend the money right now. After the first of the year I'll be making gig money again and I think I'll probably do it then...

Back