Happy New DAW Day...

OGG

Master of the Meh
I went ahead and got a copy of Acoustica Mixcraft Pro today after seeing it in a thread here recently. I had never really looked at it before then. I have been using (and testing) Sony Acid Pro for years as my main bedroom studio DAW for its fairly light interface and wealth of pro features, but Sony has all but completely abondoned the platform. Despite finding dozens upon dozensof glitches and hiccups, Sony had been very slow to respond with updates and once the updates came, they only exposed more flaws. Not to mention the fact that you can NOT install it on a Win8 machine... if you have it loaded on a Win7 machine before upgrading to 8, it supposedly still works, but the package installer absolutely will not run in Win8, even in comoatibility mode.

Anyway, this Mixcraft is a real gem. Very intuitive interface, easy as pie, and loaded with features. Honestly, I would have no problem using it in a proper studio in place of the big guns like PT, Ableton and Cubase. It will run pretty much any plug in or rewire device, it isn't a resource hog, and it has every feature you could really use in practical recording scenarios.

Well worth every penny and then some.

For you guys using Reaper because it is cheap/free, this will crush Reaper in every way for only$150. This is especially true in terms of user friendliness. Reaper is a steaming turd in comparison.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep, I totally agree with you. I've been using it for quite a while and it's great. I got it to replace Sonar and haven't regretted it at all.

I've always loved the simplicity of Acid but haven't used it in a while. I'm going to give this a whirl. Any latency issues you see, especially with VSTs and effects loaded?

I've always loved the simplicity of Acid but haven't used it in a while. I'm going to give this a whirl. Any latency issues you see, especially with VSTs and effects loaded?

It actually seems to like my interface/PC MORE than ACID did. I have the ASIO configured for lowest possible latency and it is rock solid, even running multiple BIG VSTi's and FX. It smokes ACID in terms of latency and resource management.

Back