Hair Metal Hump Day!!!.....

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
My local morning DJ's are doing a Hair Metal Humpday this morning and have played a bunch of Whitesnake, Motley Crue, White Lion, Poison, Cinderella, and so forth...

... I texted in that they should play "Tooth and Nail by George Lynch and Dokken" and they poo poo'd all over it. Besides Don being lame, they said that both Don and George have "stepdad names". :embarrassed:

I admitted that Don is weak, but you can't dis Mr. Scary himself..... May I present into evidence:

:rawk:

The Lynch Mob is playing in Livonia Friday, @baimun

Are you going?

Myself, I want to go to the King Diamond show on Saturday at the Fox Theatre in Detroit. They are going to play the whole Abigail album front to back :)

I doubt I'll go, what with family being in town and all.

Myself, I want to go to the King Diamond show on Saturday at the Fox Theatre in Detroit. They are going to play the whole Abigail album front to back :)

Saw King last week. It was spectacular. You should go!

Dokken was one of my favorite bands growing up. Yes Don is an ego maniac, but I always liked his voice. A better singer than most during that era. And George is still a favorite guitar player of mine. During a time when leads started to sound cookie cutter, he had a distinctive style and created solos that had a life of their own without detracting from the whole.
Incidentally, I have three George Lynch signature guitars. Tell that DJ to go listen to Winger.

The Lynch Mob is playing in Livonia Friday, @baimun

Are you going?

Saw KD twice in the '90s--so good and SO LOUD!!!

Bah, I thought the Lynch Mob was playing THIS Friday near Detroit, because a friend of mine on Facebook sent me a PM about it. Basically, "hey are you going to The Lynch Mob show at the Token Lounge Friday?"

Looking up The Token Lounge events calendar, they aren't playing there until May 2016, on a Friday :facepalm:

Sorry to get your hopes up. @baimun :embarrassed:

Speaking of HIAR bands ( :tongue: ):

Back