Had a major PR today.

Good job, Herc. :wink:

I have no idea how much I could lift but it's a safe bet it would be well under 300 lbs. Maybe well under 200 lbs. :tongue:

That was easy

I haven't done any squats since the last knee surgery and haven't been able to do ones like that for decades. The legs are strong enough to do maybe that much with a spot, the knees and back are not :(

That was easy

I haven't done any squats since the last knee surgery and haven't been able to do ones like that for decades. The legs are strong enough to do maybe that much with a spot, the knees and back are not :(

I wouldn't say it was EASY but I could probably do a little more. That was still up 50ish pounds above my last back squat max though.

That was a good clean squat.

Is the squat considered an olympic lift? I thought squat, deadlift, and bench were only powerlifting.

Had a 3, 2, 1 workout cycle today. 75%, 85%, 95%. Hit a 315# back squat, which is ten pounds heavier than my video in the OP. I lost most of 2015 to recovering from my pulmonary embolism, so finally breaking an old PR was an AMAZING feeling. Landing FIVE double unders at the end of my workout didn't hurt either... in a year (on and off due to PE) of doing CrossFit I'd only ever gotten one, total.

That was a good clean squat.

Is the squat considered an olympic lift? I thought squat, deadlift, and bench were only powerlifting.

It's an olympic style squat since he went below parallel. You are correct that the lifts you list are the three lifts in a powerlifting meet. Most powerlifters tend to just squat to parallel as that is as deep as the need to go in competition.

Back