Question: guys that drink...lemme ask ya

I drink too much and that's more that I drink by a fair margin

I'd cut back, mainly so you save money, your tolerance will decrease thus saving even more money and your liver might like you more as well. Oh and you might live a little longer

:facepalm:

Peeker, man......take it easy.

We care about you, believe it or not.

Dude, I am 5'10", 165 lbs and can drink most people under the table (I'm 43 years old, btw.). (Well, I used to be able to drink most people under the table, not even remotely interested now).

It wasn't until about 5 years ago that I realized that there are NO winners in that kind of contest, only losers.

Nobody attempts to die drinking alcohol. They just do, and wake up dead, so to speak.

You need to slow the fuck down.

Peeker, I'm worried about you.
I'm with PK here.

I'm straightedge myself, so I have no personal experience... However, my brother's a drinker. He's never not been the last person standing when drinking happens. Four beers and and 26oz of vodka would put him on his ass.

I think the general consensus here is that whatever you might need we're here for you, bro. You've got to take care of yourself so you can outlast us all.

I drink beer, the occasional wine/champagne, but NEVER hard liquor. I somehow have made myself stick to that rule without any problem.

Take care, bro. I'm Irish, so... you know.

No one can decide to cut down on this except you. Asking for opinions was a good first step.

My 2c is that that I'm concerned about you and I'd be happy if you found a way to cut down. I've found a method that works for me is to set a strict weekly limit. That means I can binge a bit from time to time, but if I have a big night, then I need to cut back on it for the rest of the week to stay under my limit. It ends up being a bit of a challenge/reward sort of thing (hey, it works for me).

that's exactly what I'm doing right now. :)
I had NOTHING yesterday, and today, I have enough for about 6 drinks, at my normal mix. which is WAYYYYYYY less than my norm.
might mix a bit lighter to make it seem like more...trick my brain kinda thing
and will have nothing tomorrow.
so tonight will give me a tiny bit of a buzz, and that'll be it.

s'funny, I spent years sober, then, after my last incarceration, started drinking again.
though nothing like I do now.
ideally, that was when I should have left drinking AND smoking behind, since it's been years with no booze, and months with no cigs.
but in the last, say, 4-5 years, it's really taken off like crazy.
I mean, yeah, I'm more stressed than I have been since...ever...?
but still.

yeah, I occassionally binged like that in my 20's (I can recall drinking 60oz of vodka in a night once. ONCE)
but not a few 26's a week... :facepalm:

and the worst part is after a few days of that, my brain gets really wonky.
I can't explain it any better than that

*EDIT*

also, I"m not having one after another. I've heard of this "pacing" thing before, but I've only done it for gigs...

I made it 2 weeks completely sober. It was nice to know I could do it. Since then, i've been very light on drinking, 1 or 2 nights a week. Feels good. I still love my brew.

A proper bar crawl, Victorian style:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-27161833
Hint: This is definitely overdoing it!

chears
The_World%27s_End_poster.jpg

The-Worlds-End-2050284.jpg

I watched an aunt die from liver failure. If you could combine Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein together, I would still not wish that death upon them. It was a horrifying three years.

Reactions: Tig
I watched an aunt die from liver failure. If you could combine Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein together, I would still not wish that death upon them. It was a horrifying three years.

I had a few patients that were on the liver transplant list. One was placed low on the list since he wouldn't stay off the bottle. He was so jaundice, his sweat stained the sheets yellow. You don't forget things like that.

Worlds End is awful. Utterly devoid of wit, humour or anything enjoyable

I can't believe pmc is saying it's better than Hot Fuzz, that's actually mental. Like Harold Shipman levels of mental.

What I am saying isn't actually an opinion though. It's a fact.
9t9AR.png

Also, it's "couldn't care less", you gibbering colonial oik.
0cHPz.gif

Back