Question: guys that drink...lemme ask ya

Peeker

jerkass
and I mean DRINK drink...not a few here and there
guys that drink like me

now I took it "easy" today.
4 beers, and a 26 of vodka.

my woman says' "that's crazy!"

given that this is a a guy who drinks 36 beer at a gig..and still play (and yes, I can vid to prove it)

who's right?

I gotta go with her.

I can put 'em down, believe me....but try not to mix it up.

What is a 26 of vodka? 26 ounces?

Isn't a shot like 2 or 3 ounces?

If so....that's like 8 shots and 4 beers.

That's way too much if you are "taking it easy".

For most everyone else, they would be staggering after that much alcohol.

I could never keep up with you, I'm more of a "slow and steady wins the race" kind of a drinker. If I go even a little over my limit I will hate myself for it.

a shot is about 1.5 oz.
That's a lost of paint thinner there Peeker,:poke:

Peeker, please tell me you don't drink like this every day.......JC, man!

I put down some Budweisers during the week, but not every day......I hate myself for polishing off a 12-pack on a Friday night. I usually REALLY hate myself the next morning.
I got really fucked up a couple of weekends ago on Scotch, but nowhere near 26oz worth. I wanted to die the next morning....

Dude......fucking slow down. For real.

I'm a drinker. It's a rare day when I don't have at least a couple. But that doesn't sound like a slow day to me. :) Zero judgment. Maybe I'm just getting old. :grin:

She's right on this one.

At one time I used to drink a lot (not nearly what you are putting away) and it just became to much of a chore and was costing to much money. Fortunately for me drinking never became a need like it did for many people I knew. I feel so much better now that I seldom drink. I see friends and a couple family members that still drink like they did back then and it has taken a severe health toll.

To put things in perspective for you, when I say I took it easy last WEEK I had 1 beer... all week

When I was 18-20ish, I drank like I was in GnR or Crue. These days I'll have one or two COMPLETELY wasted days/evenings a year, plus Pragestock which is more like a weekend long steady buzz. I've been known to kill a bottle on my own, but I'm a big guy and it's not a regular deal.

So she probably is. :embarrassed:

Looks like she's got ya by the short hairs, Peeker.

I only drink about 3 or 4 ounces of the hard stuff since I gotta' wake up the next morning at 5AM, so I'm no help. In my 20's I could drink about a case of beer in 1 day, but that was fishing and sweating a bunch followed by actual partying that night.

A proper shot is 1.5 oz, so that's about 17 shots. That's a lot.
In my youth, I drank a lot. But even then, my heavy days were in line with your "takin' it easy" days.
Something to think about.

What's a 26 of vodka?

But bottom line, the only answer to that question is yes. If someone close to you tells you you're drinking too much, you are drinking too much, and even if you're not drinking too much for you you're drinking too much for her.

If you're struggling with controlling your drinking, maybe Gary could point you in the direction of some resources to help you out.

it's a road I've been down before.
and one I'll go down again, I'm sure.

when I'm ready.

and I have talked with Gary about this, a little bit.
and will likely talk more, as long as he is willing.
and I think he will be

pretty sure he has a crush on me :wink:

the thing is, if I had a "normal" job, this wouldn't happen (as much)...I woulnd't be able to do both.
but I haven't heard from the bossman in a week almost...never know wtf is going on.
and with Tam gone on holiday, I'm lonely. so... :embarrassed:

I'm from Glasgow and a long line of hardened booze hounds on both sides of my family if that answers your question and a slow day when you're drinking what I assume is over half a litre of vodka and some beers is too much.

A blow out once in a while is fair enough but when that's you chilling out you need to calm it down.

What's cool is you are taking a look at what's going on and asking us to say what we think. That shows you know things could be better and are willing to make changes. :cool:

and to clarify for folks whodon't kno wthe Canadian system....

yes, a 26 is 26 oz
a shot is 1.5 oz
a jigger is 1 oz
1 oz of 80 proof (40%) liquor = one regular (Canadian) beer

so...a 26 and 4 beers is basically 30 beers.

it's weird...I never thought much of it, but now that I SEE it, I'm thinkin' "holy fuck, dude...there is no way you should even be alive"

Back