Guitars that have a never ending honeymoon phase...

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Do you have a guitar that has a honeymoon phase that never ends? A guitar that just blows you away each time you play it? If so, post a pic and tell us why/how it blows you away...

F9151663-7EA5-4C8C-ACD0-8B85F76E8900.jpg

I got this Ibanez Andy Timmons AT10P back in November...(for me, that's a lifetime) I normally go for flashy guitars with dual humbuckers, but being into Andy Timmons for the past few years, I thought that this might be worth trying out.

From the moment I plugged it in, it was everything I looked for in guitar from a sound point of a view... it's the tone I have always heard in my head. Playing in the neck position with the volume and tone knobs turned down a bit gives me such fantastic tone.

I love it. I have bought and sold a few guitars since then and NONE of my other guitars have seen any play time.

how about you?

Somewhat oddly, my SG Standard is the one that always feels and plays like a dream. It's a little ratty and doesn't look like much, but I've never had to do anything to it in six years of ownership.

DSC_0232.jpg

All of them!

Since I have a few, I make it a point of rotating them to play. Each time they come out of the case it is like.....AAAAHHHHH......

I love my instruments, but they're not lovers; they're tools.

I like it when a guitar doesn't work for me even though it's obviously well-made; that means that the problem is me, and it gives me something to work on.

Last edited:
I love my instruments, but they're not lovers; they're fools.

I like it when a guitar doesn't work for me even though it's obviously well-made; that means that then problem is me, and it gives me something to work on.

Agreed...I've always had to meet a guitar somewhere in the middle.

That said, I love this thing

a8uirwxh.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, I crave something new regularly. Thankfully I cant afford a new guitar just now

I've made it pretty clear that I love my Les Paul's. I play other guitars sometimes because the gig calls for it, but picking up my LP's always feels right, way more than anything else I own.

Yep, my 60s Baja Tele. It's my do-anything guitar, I grab, whenever I feel the sudden urge to play, try out amps, or try out pedals. Jazz, rock, metal, blues, and country? No Problem. The neck is a 60s profile, so it's thicker than a Modern C, which makes my fretting hand happy. I bought it 2 plus years ago, to replace my Thinline Tele (which had a maple fingerboard), when I realized that due to my nickel and stainless steel allergies, I would have re-fret my guitars (maple fingerboards usually suffer some damage to their clear coat finishes during re-fretting, that never really can be decently repaired IMO). I love my Gretsch Country Club, and my Gibson ES-135, but if I had to get rid of electrics, my Tele would be the last one to go.

NGD-Dec202014_zps299a137e.jpg

Back