Guitarists are weird

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I just got back from meeting someone to sell a guitar. He loved it. But he didn't buy it because the action was too low, it sounded too perfect, and it played great with too little effort.

WTF???

I've played a guitar like that. I couldn't do it. Super light strings, too.

Of course at the time, my only prior experience was with a Sears catalog Les Paul copy with strings high enough to reach through.

Edit: I should have pointed out that it wasn't my guitar and it wasn't one that I was looking to buy. It belonged to someone that let me try it out.

It felt alien in my hands.

Last edited:
If these are the choices...

I'd rather have a guitar than I have to wrestle with and sounds incredible than an decent-sounding guitar that plays like a Slip and Slide coated in Astroglide.

Yeah, some are strange...
Maybe ask him if you made it sound bad, play bad and look ugly, its a deal then?
Of course cash up front....

Wow, just wow.......

I once bought a Tube Works small stack amp from a guy that "just couldn't bond with it." He was selling it cheap, because it just didn't work for him. I saw his settings, and realized right away that he had no idea how to get a good sound out of it. As I was loading it up, he pulled a Tube Works combo amp out of the trunk of his car and gave it to me for free. The combo amp went in the deal for the Taylor this past year, and I still have the small stack. Great amp.

In case we hadn't noticed, there are plenty of weird folks in the general population, as well.

Back