Guitar you've always wanted, but never owned?

B_IBANEZ_jem7vwhite.jpg

Rory Gallagher Strat. There was one at Woodwind and Brasswind that I played all the time, and at the time I thought $2700 was a bit much for a beat up looking strat even though it played like butter...

013f69fcce3122b19d303778f325f5c5.png

Now they don't make 'em anymore and $2700 would be a bargain. :(

YES YES YES!

This guitar was the inspiration for a recent build that I did... That build was this:

Beater_Front_Back_1800_01.jpg

+1

I was actually fortunate enough to play one back in 1997 at the Summerfest music festival, that Greg Koch (he of the Wildwood demos, and Fender clinic fame) owned. It was a great playing guitar! I asked Greg about it a few months ago, when I ran into him at Cream City Music (he lives in the Milwaukee area), and he told me that he no longer has it. :( I'd love to have the original 3, P90s, individual volumes, and master tone ES-5.

I want a black Les Paul custom, but with uncovered buckers, chrome hardware and cream bezels that match the aged binding.

Oh,,, and amber knobs.

I want a black Les Paul custom, but with uncovered buckers, chrome hardware and cream bezels that match the aged binding.

Oh,,, and amber knobs.

I remember one just like that on some book a "friend" "borrowed" from me and never gave back...something like Rock Hardware. Just looked it up, maybe it was the back cover? Either way, it was a really nice look. Maybe the hardware was gold though, but the plating was wearing off. I can totally picture it and it's sweet.

Back