Guitar you've always wanted, but never owned?

wagdog

Ack
For me, it's a Thinline Telecaster.

When I was a kid in the 70's, I used to see 'em hangin' in the music stores at the mall, right along side the clear drum sets, silverface fender amps and peavey T60's... and I always wanted one. Never bought one (had a tele deluxe though). I wish I could have saved up the coin to get one (and had the intelligence to hang on to it, but I was a kid, and stupidly sold my deluxe, so I probably wouldn't have the thinline now, if I had one then).

Anyway, what guitar have you always wanted, but never owned?

Fender Tele Plus Deluxe...the first iteration with the vibrato bridge. I wanted to get a pair and always thought I would, but then they stopped making them. As I started to look into them again, Mr. Greenwood's influence had become so great that they went from selling new for about $650.00 to going to $1,200.00 used (and not in mint condition either).

Tobacco-Burst-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

Rory Gallagher Strat. There was one at Woodwind and Brasswind that I played all the time, and at the time I thought $2700 was a bit much for a beat up looking strat even though it played like butter...

013f69fcce3122b19d303778f325f5c5.png

Now they don't make 'em anymore and $2700 would be a bargain. :(

Rory Gallagher Strat. There was one at Woodwind and Brasswind that I played all the time, and at the time I thought $2700 was a bit much for a beat up looking strat even though it played like butter...

013f69fcce3122b19d303778f325f5c5.png

Now they don't make 'em anymore and $2700 would be a bargain. :(
Played one once myself, and indeed, it played like butter. Would love to have one.

Back