Guitar project

This Tradition is my longest-standing electric. I've had it for nearly a decade now, and it's served me remarkably well, considering the low price. While the wood is as stable as anything I've played, the tuners, bridge/tailpiece and p'ups, as well as the wiring, are less than stellar.

Tradition.jpg

The microphones are new, Seymour Duncan Custom Custom and Pearly Gates. They sound AMAZING. Opened up the guitar in ways I didn't imagine were possible, and fattened up the whole thing as well. Wonderful stuff. Now I need to get some parts, bridge and tailpiece in particular. Nickel is what I'm after, looks-wise, but I'm unsure where to get stable stuff that won't cost a fortune. Anyone got a clue about this?

DSC_5619_zpscc6547f6.jpg

Well, chrome will do just as well. I did get a great offer from the guy who runs Tradition Guitars, which included everything I needed, but when I told him I'd go for it minus the pickups, he just stopped responding to me. The hell?

Plenty of good replacement bridges out there. Gotoh, Tonepros, etc. just make sure you get metric.

That's a hot looking guitar. Me likey.

Whale tail FTW. But yeah, I think this guitar can be a monster with the right hardware. The additions might end up costing more than what the guitar is actually worth, but I have no intention of selling it anyway. Besides, I figure I need a vaguely LP-ish guitar, just for that sound, and the 22 frets.

Back