Guitar Pic of the Day - 8.20.09

Discussion in 'Guitars, Guitars Guitars!' started by Help!I'maRock!, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009
  1. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

* Year: Unknown
    * Manufacturer: Reverend
    * Model: Roundhouse
    * Case: None
    * Color: Flame Top
    * Condition: Brand New
    * Description: Les weight, all the tone! By tweaking the electronics and paying carefull attention to the maple-to-mahogany ratio, we've captured the classic single-cutaway tone in a thinner, lighter guitar. The bridge pickup is slightly hotter than a vintage PAF, and the neck pickup slightly cleaner. All the smooth yet focused midrange, and round but clear treble you'd expect, plus more versatility without the back-breaking weight. This guitar features a flame maple veneer laminated to a solid maple flat top. The solidbody construction uses resonant korina for an instrument that is lively, clear and rich in harmonics. BODY: solid korina. Black back and sides with cream binding. 17-3/8" x 12-7/8" x 1-3/4". PICKUPS: two Reverend humbuckers, output/tone calibrated for each position. NECK: glued-on, one-piece korina, tilt-back headstock. TRUSS ROD: dual-action, access at headstock. SCALE: 24-3/4" FINGERBOARD: rosewood, 12" radius. FRETS: 22 medium jumbo. NECK PROFILE: medium oval. NUT: 1-11/16" (42.86 mm) width, graphite. TUNERS: Wilkinson EZ-Lock tuners. BRIDGE: TOM w/ stop tail. CONTROLS: custom volume & tone, Bass Contour, 3-way. STRINGS: 10-46.

$550
  2. Aug 20, 2009
  3. Prages User Error

Huge pictures are huge.

I'm still waiting for them to load so I can comment on the guitar. :weebz:
  4. Aug 20, 2009
  5. Prages User Error

Okay, I really like that. I don't really like the idea of a flamed maple veneer, though. I'd prefer either just leaving it as a plain top, or having an actual flamed maple cap instead of a veneer over a plain maple cap.

Not a deal breaker though, and it looks like a lot of guitar for $550.
  6. Aug 20, 2009
  7. Chihlidog n00b

I'd play it. Those pics should be about 30 percent that size though, seriously, that's insane man.
  8. Aug 20, 2009
  9. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

go complain to gbase.
  10. Aug 20, 2009
  11. Aahzz Habanero Evangelist

What, couldn't you find a big pic??

Love the guitar.
  12. Aug 20, 2009
  13. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

Not bad - but I like the Reverends when they stick to their own body shapes and not resort to being yet another LP copy - though I imagine it is probably a good copy.