GPOTD Guitar Pic Of The Day 4/15/2011

I may have been confused about the coronado versus starcaster. I can't recall.

I may have been confused about the coronado versus starcaster. I can't recall.

Starcaster:
starcasterfront.jpg

No thank you. Not Interested. They have a 6 string Coronado at a used music store by my house. They have the traditional Fender headstock.

Ye old like-o-meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
____^___________

This is the first sunburst Coronado I've ever seen, just seeing the Antiqua finish, a bad medium grey with cream accents.

This is a good example of good guitar ideas being run through the corporate mill.
"Laminate" still means plywood to me, outsourcing pickups is outsourcing pickups, and going Gibson style is still going Gibson style.

Every Coronado I've tried was unfocussed within it's own acoustics, a bad kind of 335.
I don'wanna know what that fifth knob is for.

This is the first sunburst Coronado I've ever seen, just seeing the Antiqua finish, a bad medium grey with cream accents.

This is a good example of good guitar ideas being run through the corporate mill.
"Laminate" still means plywood to me, outsourcing pickups is outsourcing pickups, and going Gibson style is still going Gibson style.

Every Coronado I've tried was unfocussed within it's own acoustics, a bad kind of 335.
I don'wanna know what that fifth knob is for.

are you looking at the same picture as we are? the pickups say Fender on them and there's no 5th knob.

I had a 6 string Coronado years ago. I loved it. I had to sell it when my wife was in grad school getting her masters.

like the finish, droopy headstock is awesome-silly, so I can dig it.
I'd love an electric 12.

but after reading the written word here, I think I'd pass on it.

okay, I'd still give it a shot.

Help!I'maRock! It says Fender used DeArmond pickups. Take it easy, you'll have lots of opportunity to comment on me today.
Something tells me you're all excited, waiting to use the dancing banana.

the Coronado? really? i would have thought it was for the Starcaster because Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead plays one. the Starcaster was actually a decent to good guitar, if you could find one that didn't fail from CBS tolerances.

The Starcasters were very cool, then they ruined the name and put it on a ultra cheap line of guitars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help!I'maRock! It says Fender used DeArmond pickups. Take it easy, you'll have lots of opportunity to comment on me today.
Something tells me you're all excited, waiting to use the dancing banana.

sorry, i forgot that Fender didn't own DeArmond then. they do now though. :tongue:

I'ze gots spurs that jingle jangle jingle, I'ze got spurs that go merrily along.

since you've been gone I've been lost without a trace, I look for you, and I long for your embrace, post more, type more, please.

Back