GPOTD Guitar Pic Of The Day 4/13/2011

like the shape, love the finish.

add some skull inlays, make the headstock match the body.
lose the Bigsby, it looks out of place there, too big for the body.

and no f-holes on this, thanks.

so, it's almost there, for me.
but not quite.

that said, if someone offered it, I'd still take it.

I've been having fun with it.
Realized pretty quickly that the main ones who chime in are the ones that don't like the guitar, so there's far more negative comments than positive.
Up to now, I've been trying to do out of the ordinary stuff. Everybody knows what a strat looks like.

Oddly enough, the Godin Icon from the other day was almost universally well received.
Maybe beacuse it looks like a Les Paul. ???

EG

glad to see you taking my point of view on the GPOTD. i'm all about the oddball stuff.

i think the Godins have been well received (i posted them too) because they're well made at a decent price and aren't hiding the stylistic influence. it's a tele-paul with flexible electronics. what's not to like?

glad to see you taking my point of view on the GPOTD. i'm all about the oddball stuff.

i think the Godins have been well received (i posted them too) because they're well made at a decent price and aren't hiding the stylistic influence. it's a tele-paul with flexible electronics. what's not to like?
lack of skullz?

paris_catacombs_20061210.jpg

French, even.

EG

I'm not kidding, either.

well, I don't know that he still plays one, but he did have one back when I knew him.
in fact, I think it was the first time I'd seen a Godin.

Nah, my first reaction, plus one gah and a couple of yucks.

Please consider that Goya Guitars are my reference points for outlandish and garish guitar making.

For example, the "red metalflake" here is a mild, tasteful metalflake, compared to Goya.

The singular "f-hole", its position... makes no acoustic design sense at all, other than just being there.

Last edited:
Back