p2_uhgctivv0_so.jpg

p3_uluikvo3g_so.jpg

Year: 1977
Manufacturer: Guild®
Model: D-40
Case: Soft
Color: natural
Condition: Excellent
Description: EX with no cracks or breaks, frets, neck, action are all fine, some normal dings, but nothing to the wood, all original, plays easily

$1050

I love it. If I saw it in a store and it sounded good at that price it would just be coming home with me.

Not if I saw it first.

That is EXACTLY the guitar I want.

Price isn't too bad, either. A little more than I would want to pay, but not by much.
Those are fantastic guitars.

WIN!
:thu:

Reminds me of my 1978 Guild D-50... I don't play a lot of acoustic, but when I do, I love mine, so I imagine that is a nice sounding guitar...

Sweet acoustic and a pretty good price if it isn't a lifeless copy. I like Guilds but older acoustics I really need to play first regardless of the headstock name. But if that is a great player then price wise it would be a steal. Guild had some good mahogany back then.

Ye old like-o-meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
___________^____

Last edited:
I like it.

Since we're talking acoustics, I played this one the other day.

gison1959countrywestern.jpg

1959 Gibson Country/Western

It had been around the block a few times, but it sounded so freakin' incredible.

Asking price was $3100. :embarrassed:

I played a Guild in a store one time and it felt like a very good quality instrument compared to most all acoustics I have played. I dont love their pickguards for some reason but wouldnt stop me from having one. My acoustic is the shape of the one Prages posted which is my favorite acoustic shape.

So yeah.

Looks okay. But I don't know enough about Guilds to really get excited about that one. Most 70's-era acoustic guitars I've tried have been nothing special.

I don't think I've ever played a bad Guild acoustic, and a couple of friends are still playing their 70's.
You can't say this is decorative, a fairly stern interpretation except for the pickguard,
a little too puff the magic dragonish.

Back