Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Inlays: Abalone stick-on by Fretwares
Body & headstock finish: Dupli-color Metallic Black
Pickguard & Back plate: Custom, 3-ply vinyl from Stew-Mac
Scale: 24 1/2"
Tuners & Nut: Original Danelectro
Tremolo bridge: Original Danelectro, blocked fore & aft
"Tailpiece:" Ornamental, made from square brass tubing & a thrift store toaster oven grill
Strings: D'Addario 10s
Pickups: No-namo (Ebay)
Innuendo 4-FX module (Chorus, echo, fuzz, & tremolo) modified with toggles replacing the pushbuttons, "fuzz damper" control added.
Danelectro mini effects added (all with original controls):
--Surf & Turf Compressor
--Chicken Salad Vibrato
--Fish & Chips Graphic EQ
--Pepperoni Phase Shifter
--Tuner (LCD screen eliminated)
Other electonics features:
--"Black Ice" passive distortion
--"Stutter button"
--Smokey amp with original 2" speaker mounted on new rear trem cover
--"Dry" 1/4" output jack
--"FX" 1/4" output jack
--1/8" headphone jack
--1/8" extension speaker jack
--1/8" 9vDC power input jack
--Individual volume & tone controls (upper bass bout)
--Master volume & tone controls
--Individual and master Volume & Tone bypass switches
--Individual on-off toggles for each pickup
--Series/parallel, "Self-phase," and "master in/out phase" slide switches for neck & middle p/ups
--Series/parallel and "self-phase" slide switches for bridge p/up
--Master Power Switch
--FX Bypass Switch
--Amp on-off switch
--Two 9v batteries (in trem cavity)
CONTROLS:
Toggle Switches: 17
Rotary Pots: 16
Slider Pots: 8
Slide Switches: 8
Pushbutton Switches: 6
LEDs: 7
1/4" Jacks: 2
1/8" Jacks: 3
This guitar can of course be played as a "normal" guitar, but also features a switch which, when activated, takes all of the pickups and associated controls out of the circuit and allows the instrument to be used as an effects chain/amp/headphone amp by plugging another guitar into the "dry" 1/4" jack and plugging the "fx" 1/4" jack into an amplifier, recording unit, POD, etc.

This guitar, named "Ultra-Dano!!!" is the third and final instrument of a series based on the Danelectro Innuendo and was completed in my home workshop over the course of several months. It's been seen on a few online forums, but it has never been and probably never will be seen on a stage. It was assembled primarily as an engineering challenge and an exercise in excess...and yes, every single control device is wired up; there are no "dummy" components. The vibrato circuit crapped out on me a while back; I'll get around to fixing it eventually....but every other component is fully functional.

I get bogged down with 2 volume/2 tone and a 3 way pickup selector. Something tells me I'd be a bumbling idiot if I tried to play that thing.

It's a modder's dream though, I guess.

He kicks on the compressor for a boost into the guitar solo - wait - that switch is the chorus. Maybe this one....nope - that's the phase shifter. Wait - I think it's this one. YES!!!! Time to rock!!! heavy-metal-044

What do you mean the solo progression is over... messedup0

thwap

Seriously - what was he thinking?

denverdave said:
Seriously - what was he thinking?

i believe he was thinking, "wouldn't it be cool to see how many effects you can fit into one of those shitty innuendo guitars? let's make a project out of it!"

the best part of the guitar is that you can plug another guitar into it and use all the effects.

but really, its a project show piece. and very cool.

Oh wow.

I'd like to toss one of those slanted humbuckers into the bridge of a strat and see what I get out of it though. ide

Back