Guitar Center…it just keeps getting worse.

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
The local Guitar Center has a sparse inventory. So instead of browsing I just check their stock online. Problem is, the staff are morons. Right now they have a Fender SuperSonic combo listed as a tube amp and a head listed as a solid state amp, with the picture of the combo. I passed over that because I’m bass shopping. That was when I encountered this gem of stupidity:
M8agter.jpg

Not a Laredo. Not a bass. Not blue.

Dumb asses. Everyone knows that's a $149.99 Squier Affinity Strat. I'd call their ass on that, get that price and description straight and head on over and pick that up.
The local Guitar Center has a sparse inventory. So instead of browsing I just check their stock online. Problem is, the staff are morons. Right now they have a Fender SuperSonic combo listed as a tube amp and a head listed as a solid state amp, with the picture of the combo. I passed over that because I’m bass shopping. That was when I encountered this gem of stupidity:
M8agter.jpg

Not a Laredo. Not a bass. Not blue.

I saw that! I sent an email asking for pics of the actual bass bc that would be a decent deal. Got no reply

Best deals I've ever got were "gems of stupidity". Not mistakes like this, more them not knowing how good something is and, a really cheap price. I love searching GC used for them. Not nearly as many now as there used to be. I always did wonder if they did it on purpose, to get people on their website to try and find them.

Best deals I've ever got were "gems of stupidity". Not mistakes like this, more them not knowing how good something is and, a really cheap price. I love searching GC used for them. Not nearly as many now as there used to be. I always did wonder if they did it on purpose, to get people on their website to try and find them.

When I was Strat shopping, I relentless perused GC's used listings, figuring it wouldn't take long to find a higher end MIM model listed as a Standard.

It didn't.

I’m not in NYC anymore, I’m in Colorado now. In NYC the staff know their shit. The staff in Colorado leave a lot to be desired.

Is this the one just south of the city? They had a gorgeous Burns Bison there for $300 once a few years ago. Still hate myself for not snapping it up.

Back