Guitar builders, tweakers, and hobbyists... what are you working on???

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
Personally, I just finished a superstrat repair for Newbuilder...

stratrepair16.jpg

I have an orange telecaster I'm working on for "he who flips guitars"....

... I have some stuff to do a repair on the sonic blue strat I used to gig with...

904420_4828725644537_374497129_o.jpg

... and I finally have the right combination of parts to get this 2-Tek bridge mated up to a Novax fanned fret neck. This guitar will have some bags of tricks which will make it great for use with the Sandbar Bums.

DSC_0040_zpsb59f5c54.jpg

Way out on the horizon... I have some nice 1" thick flame maple with the really cool mineral streaks which could be mated to either a 1 piece black limba blank or a 1 piece redwood blank for a carve top.

What about the rest of you?

Superstrats are about the furthest thing I want/need, but I love that white one. I have nothing going on right now, but that may change Monday.

Oh crap... I forgot, I also have a baritone mostly constructed... PauFerro neck, alder body, koa top. :helper:

Not really working on anything specifically BUT I am considering getting a new body for this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426862966.124559.jpg

I've got a resonator tenor on the back burner (kind of just waiting for the right parts to fall into my lap), a cbg that just needs a setup, and a hurdy-gurdy nearing the fit-and-finish phase.

Oh, and a banjolin project that i stalled out on about ten years ago is up to needing frets and assembly, but I'll probably take it apart and start fresh, since I've come so far since i built this janky, wobbly neck.

I'm pretty much project free right now...although I think I might have enough parts laying around to put a nice hardtail strat together...

...oh shit...:embarrassed:

Finishing getting the new neck on my Warmoth 7/8 Stratogretsch dialed in. I'm not 100% sold on the Warmoth Pro side-adjust yet. I set it up per the instructions, bolted it on, strung it up, and had to dial the truss rod way back to get the right relief. That might be how it's supposed to work but it freaked me out to put two full turns on a truss rod nut.

I also misaligned one of the Sperzel tuners so I'm going to have to pull it, fill the alignment pin hole with toothpicks, and re-drill.

And I still haven't fixed the bridge pickup on my Peavey Predator so it's still out of phase.

There's an Eastman I'm desperately trying to free up the cash to snag, since it's an amazing price. It comes with Duncan Phat Cat p90s, but I'll want to put some BKPs in it. I think I'll make it a HB bridge (Mule) and an as of yet undecided p90 in the neck.

Setup two gold TOM bridges for my L5.
One on it now and one backup for when its needed years from now.
Figured it will be needed sooner or later so the second TOM with wood base is all ready to go....

Will do a wooden one soon...want to hear what that sound like.
Some peeps run like hell when it comes to floating bridges.... I like them :)

Still in the process of hot rodding this one. :facepalm:

I have upgraded the tuners. I hit a roadblock with the new pickups because the covers were too large for the routs and the poles didn't line up on the stock covers. I ordered a replacement set of covers from WD Music that matched the outer dimensions of the stock covers and the pole spacing of the upgraded pickups. I ordered them in cream and they arrived in chrome...:mad: :facepalm: They mailed the correct covers yesterday but the new covers corners are still not fitting well into the routs, so I have no doubt that I will be pulling the dremel out to shave the sides of the rout a little bit...:messedup:

Personally, I just finished a superstrat repair for Newbuilder...

stratrepair16.jpg

I have an orange telecaster I'm working on for "he who flips guitars"....

... I have some stuff to do a repair on the sonic blue strat I used to gig with...

904420_4828725644537_374497129_o.jpg

... and I finally have the right combination of parts to get this 2-Tek bridge mated up to a Novax fanned fret neck. This guitar will have some bags of tricks which will make it great for use with the Sandbar Bums.

DSC_0040_zpsb59f5c54.jpg

Way out on the horizon... I have some nice 1" thick flame maple with the really cool mineral streaks which could be mated to either a 1 piece black limba blank or a 1 piece redwood blank for a carve top.

What about the rest of you?

pics of the orange telecaster and who is "he who flips guitars??" cop0

I've got a few cool projects I'm working on.

I'm building a Strat using a black Green Mountain body, a 1985 Contemorary Strat neck, MIM bridge, Highway One pups, and a faded yellowed pearl white pickguard.

I'm also working on a Tele prototype replica with a pine body, Squier neck, Wilkinson bridge with 3 brass saddles, record album pickguard, and a Dragonfire mini humbucker. The tone knob with be used to roll it off to a single coil. Gonna be badass.

Back