Guitar Build 2017!

Not exactly as planned but it's bent.

image.jpg

:grin:

Apart from the busted tip, everything else looks good.

View attachment 16771
View attachment 16772
If I could afford one of your guitars I would buy this one from you and insist that you not hide the break, just repair it. I don't like relics but I appreciate time and effort and talent. That repair would, to me, give it something special, and since it should not affect the play-ability it would be a mere cosmetic issue.

I can live with cosmetic issues such as this when looking at the build as a whole.

Just my opinion.

If I could afford one of your guitars I would buy this one from you and insist that you not hide the break, just repair it. I don't like relics but I appreciate time and effort and talent. That repair would, to me, give it something special, and since it should not affect the play-ability it would be a mere cosmetic issue.

I can live with cosmetic issues such as this when looking at the build as a whole.

Just my opinion.

Well, that original neck is a little beyond repair at this point. :lol:
image.jpg

image.jpg

I was really worried about voids because the stuff is so thin and hard to clamp on the curve. I found two but both are small enough I can fill with epoxy and be fine.
Until it splits and peels apart during the night, I'm calling this one a success. What a relief. I thought for sure this would be the step that killed it. Lol.

Thanks. Continuing the cleanup and it's looking good.
Not the most invisible glue line I've ever made but a little filler should clear up any inconsistencies.
Looks like I'm about ready to glue in the dots and cut the fretboard radius. I'm still 0.1" thick on the overall neck but that should clear up when I sand the radius.

Back