Guild Westerly R.I. USA X-170 Manhattan 1999 Natural

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
https://reverb.com/item/261495-guil...manhattan-1999-natural-lower-shipping-in-west

uwetgdxi0dl4toebarzg.jpg

• Listed about 8 hours ago by Guitar Crazy
  • Condition: Excellent

uwetgdxi0dl4toebarzg.jpg

wbfvevkz9rsgjqcdg3bm.jpg

uwetgdxi0dl4toebarzg.jpg

wbfvevkz9rsgjqcdg3bm.jpg

ukvt23ztrsaq5fam33ny.jpg

uvgz2f9gybpbcqhfgeip.jpg

Played just a little so VERY clean! All original "pre-Fender" guitar! We've included several angles (and will get some better photos up soon!) These are a real bargain (for now.....)

Product Specs

I love just about everything I've seen from Guild. Except maybe that tailpiece.

I don't know about EVERYTHING I've ever seen from Guild. They've produced some turds over the years.

This is a lovely guitar, maybe minus that tailpiece, though. That I agree with.

I don't know about EVERYTHING I've ever seen from Guild. They've produced some turds over the years.

This is a lovely guitar, maybe minus that tailpiece, though. That I agree with.
I meant seen in real life. They've absolutely got some garbage, but it's pretty hard to find.

I love and oogle big archtops like that... but I think they are about the most uncomfortable guitar on the planet to actually play.

So I'll admire from here. :grin:

Gold hardware fail. But it would look stunning with chrome hardware. Gold on gold stained wood is like wearing acid wash jeans with acid wash sneakers and an acid wash jacket. I just don’t understand why so many generations of guitar designers can’t even figure out simple stuff like this.

I agree with monsieur Kauer -- I always love to look at big hollowbody electrics, but I never feel right playing them. I had one of the Gretsch Electromatics, and could just never quite get comfortable with it. I guess I am just unable to channel my inner Brian Setzer...

I'm an archtop fan.

This one gets a hard meh, teetering precariously over Fuck That Tacky Shit Valley. The more I look at it, the more inevitable it seems that it will fall.

Back