Guarana Antarctica

?

• Total voters

Theodore

I gotta move
TIN.331144810.jpg

Awesome pop....very hard to get here. My oldest son loves that stuff (he has been to Brazil twice).

There used to be a Brazilian restaurant in Santa Clara (Joao's) that had it, and I would get a can every time I ate there, which is unusual, because I normally never drink any pop.

Are you a fan of anything ending in -ana?

cop0
:ewh:

Whoa - I never thought about this...

I'm not sure I've ever had a sultana, but I like raisins fine..
not really a fan of jicama though, so there might something to this

There used to be a Brazilian restaurant in Santa Clara (Joao's) that had it, and I would get a can every time I ate there, which is unusual, because I normally never drink any pop.

I've been reading his reviews on Yelp. :embarrassed: What happened?

:ewh:

Whoa - I never thought about this...

I'm not sure I've ever had a sultana, but I like raisins fine..
not really a fan of jicama though, so there might something to this

How about some good ol' mana?

Not sure what it is but hey.

I've been reading his reviews on Yelp. :embarrassed: What happened?

How about some good ol' mana?

Not sure what it is but hey.

I think he got homesick and went back to Brazil for a year or two. He is now the head chef at Habana Cuba restaurant in San Jose (also a great place). His Feijoada and Moqueca de Peixe were fantastic.

Joao was a big soccer supporter, and that's where I got to know him. He was friends with a few of the Brazilian players on the San Jose women's soccer team (CybrRays and Gold Pride) and when my daughter was a freshman and sophomore at Santa Clara high she played varsity soccer -- the team used to have breakfast at his restaurant every Thursday morning.

1wife thinks that a lot of American soda tastes like medicine (root beer, dr. Pepper, etc.)
I kinda think that guarana tastes like medicine.
Pass

Opened the 2-liter I got. Tastes like a cross between apple juice, cough drops, and green tea. I dig it.

Back